• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser a bit off his greens - vet 4.50pm

He has now eaten his pellets. :D We are getting to the end of the bag - I wonder if he objects to the crumbs that, try as I might to sift them out, do seem to go into his bowl with the whole pellets. I have put the carrier in the run so that he can have a good sniff before he has to go in it.

oh lord. Not another bun who complains about the dusty pellets at the end!

Biccy refuses, point blank to eat the dusty ones. I have to throw the bag away or hand strain the end of the bag pellets to de-dust them.

There must be a good 10 days worth or pellets left in the bag when i have to throw it away normally.

Glad he's eating though. The vet will hopefully just give you the all clear and you'll just be charged for a consultation.

Theyd o like to worry us eh?

When The Dudster had his tooth problem last December *shudders at the memory* the little rascal showed no signs of an eating slow down and then all of a sudden he flat out refused to eat :shock: The Vet said he had perfect teeth and it wasnt till he was sedated he managed to look closely at his back molars and spotted the teeniest spur!

ETA: I sprinkle the dusty remains of pellets over their hay and they love it... pellet flavoured hay!! I guess its like getting flavoured crisps when your used to ready salted :lol:

When The Dudster had his tooth problem last December *shudders at the memory* the little rascal showed no signs of an eating slow down and then all of a sudden he flat out refused to eat :shock: The Vet said he had perfect teeth and it wasnt till he was sedated he managed to look closely at his back molars and spotted the teeniest spur!

ETA: I sprinkle the dusty remains of pellets over their hay and they love it... pellet flavoured hay!! I guess its like getting flavoured crisps when your used to ready salted :lol:

I imagine that would go down particularly well with Her Ladyship at present. ;)

oh lord. Not another bun who complains about the dusty pellets at the end!

Biccy refuses, point blank to eat the dusty ones. I have to throw the bag away or hand strain the end of the bag pellets to de-dust them.

There must be a good 10 days worth or pellets left in the bag when i have to throw it away normally.

Glad he's eating though. The vet will hopefully just give you the all clear and you'll just be charged for a consultation.

Theyd o like to worry us eh?

I always do this with the whole bag :oops: I hate the dust left at the end so always strain the pellets before putting them in the pellet box. :oops:

Glad Spenser is ok, not sure how I managed to miss this thread earlier!

Taking Spenser to the vet was trickier than I expected. My parents were out and I don't drive, but it is such a short distance I decided to walk. Spenser felt much heavier than I expected! There were three dogs in the waiting room, all excitable but not barking. Spenser seemed unperturbed by this, but was very perturbed when our turn came to be seen. The vet had a student with her, who - brave soul - offered to hod Spenser while the vet examined his teeth. Spenser was having none of this, and had to be wrapped in a towel before we could go any further. :roll: 'Bunny enchilada' the vet said. She spent what seemed like quite a while looking at his teeth, but pronounced them all fine - not pefectly aligned, but no spurs or signs of any pain. :) I mentioned the possibility of root trouble, but she reassured me that this wasunlikely as there would most likely have been a sign of an abcess. He then had his nails clipped. I was only charged £!2, which I thought very reasonable as the vet also asked lots of questions about how he was getting on with the cold weather and the like. We now think the being a bit off his pellets is almost certainly linked to the crumbly effect as you get to the bottom of the bag, and I opened a new for his tea.

Off topic, but my choc ice has dripped down the keyboard while I have been typing this. Oops!

sorry I missed this earlier but im glad hes ok now - awkward little so an so - my lot scoff down the whole lot of pellets - dusty or not!!! :roll:
you really a bunny slave - sifting pellets - he will have you purifying his water next!! :lol:

sorry I missed this earlier but im glad hes ok now - awkward little so an so - my lot scoff down the whole lot of pellets - dusty or not!!! :roll:
you really a bunny slave - sifting pellets - he will have you purifying his water next!! :lol:

There was me thinking he already had the purest mineral water decanted into his bottle ;)

glad he was ok. I think, although I could be wrong, that if he had root trouble his gums would at least be inflamed

as long as he's eating and his weight is steady this is good :) if/when you get him neutered though might be worth asking the vet to look at his teeth while he's under the GA (a lot of vets do this anyway) as our vet didn't see Jasmine's spurs until she was under the GA. Doesn't seem worth having an unconscious dental atm though if he isn't really having any problems :wave:

Are you suggesting I spoil my rabbit? :shock:

I am absolutely knackered from carrying him down to the vet and back. My poor little chicken-wing arms were not designed for such exertions. :oops: He had eaten all his pellets and most of the greens. Why does he prefer expensive dried apple to a slice of any fresh apple I happen to be eating? :?

I am absolutely knackered from carrying him down to the vet and back. My poor little chicken-wing arms were not designed for such exertions. :oops: He had eaten all his pellets and most of the greens. Why does he prefer expensive dried apple to a slice of any fresh apple I happen to be eating? :?

:thumb:

:lol::lol: cos hes a fussy bunny who has a mummuh slave to attend to his every need :love:

Have you now got one arm bigger than the other :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: cos hes a fussy bunny who has a mummuh slave to attend to his every need :love:

Have you now got one arm bigger than the other :lol::lol:

I didn't know which arm to favour. I'm right-handed, but the fracture from the summer still creaks from time to time. Oddly enough he felt much lighter on the way back, after I had been reassured about his teeth. And yes of course I gave him a fenugreek crunchie for being such a brave bunny!

You need a little trolley ;) On Animal Madhouse someone had one and I want one! Cos sometimes we have to park a way away from our vets. :oops:

Back