• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Died Under Anaesthetic

:cry: I'm so sorry to you both and everyone who's ever lost a bun, I don't even like to think about how to cope when they're gone :cry:

Thankyou : )

Thankyou you kind kind people for the comments on my poor dusty : ) it has really helped me as i have been so down in dumps over his death and the fact my health is not great at moment so was not a good time for me.

I have decided to keep his ashes in a nice photo frame with 4 photos and yes one of him eating an ice lolly is got to be put on there.

I went to pets at home and looked at rabbits and decided its a good move to look at the same types of rabbits as he was as i dont want to cry every time i see one.

I will never replace him as he was one of kind and delightful bunny and without our kind vets i would not be as okay about the situation as i am. I am trying to not dwell on it as much as to regret what happened as the operation was needed but to think of how special he was.

I still have Thumper and humpreys to help keep me happy as well and humprey is turning into a cheeky rabbit trying it on with the cat bless him... :lol:

I know time will be a healer but deep down dusty will be on my mind.

Dont know how to put a pic up on here but would love for you all to see how cute he was..

Many thanks for helpful kind words and dont hesitate to pm me.

Laura x

RIP mummys boy Dusty

If heaven had skype mummy would tune in just to see you again, if heaven had a staircase i would take them steps to cuddle you again. mummy thinks of you all the time and cant wait to be with you when your ashes return. Your be in my heart forever and when mummy dies she will join you again forever :cry:

Sorry to hear that , my daughters bunny died the same way only a few weeks ago. He was a rescue bunny from the adoption area in Pets at home he had problem teeth and owners brought him back , she felt so guilty. The vets were very good they said they tried to resuscitate but he just never woke up. The vet also mentioned the lung condition . She has 2 more now but is not looking forward to taking Mr bun to get neutered.

Back