• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

MINK in the garden!!!

:wave: Oh right, maybe it is just one that escaped or was let go by the fur farmer when they closed down then. Although there are plenty of species that are dangerous and still kept as pets, I think some people even have crocodile's and alligators or big cats as pets - don't understand it myself why have a pet you can't pet? :lol:

I can do ANYTHING with my ferrets....kiss em,hug em,stick them down my sleeves, they even lick the saliva off my lips!!!! :oops::oops::shock:
Please note..I handle the bunnies first, never after handling the ferts!!!

:wave: Oh right, maybe it is just one that escaped or was let go by the fur farmer when they closed down then. Although there are plenty of species that are dangerous and still kept as pets, I think some people even have crocodile's and alligators or big cats as pets - don't understand it myself why have a pet you can't pet? :lol:

cos u'd sound silly if u called it a 'look-but-don't-touch'?:lol::lol::lol:

no news.

Nothing in the traps this morning and no sightings of it all day. I have no idea where it has gone to, for the last two days it has been very visable prowling around my garden and sniffing all the places my buns love to sit.

The trap man has been back and moved the traps.

I can't let George and Sugar out until it's caught....they are quite grumpy at having to stay in. I can't let them out until I know they will be 100% safe. What if I never see the mink again, I have no idea if it has gone for good/few days/month?? Who knows?

Now what do I do?

no news.

Nothing in the traps this morning and no sightings of it all day. I have no idea where it has gone to, for the last two days it has been very visable prowling around my garden and sniffing all the places my buns love to sit.

I can't let George and Sugar out until it's caught....they are quite grumpy at having to stay in. I can't let them out until I know they will be 100% safe. What if I never see the mink again, I have no idea if it has gone for good/few days/month?? Who knows?

Now what do I do?

I wouldn't risk it, maybe your going to have to go down the road of having a secure pen/run that will at least enable them to go out and stretch their legs a bit. I wouldn't risk letting them free range with that on the prowl unless you can guarantee it can't get into your garden, do they climb up fences?

no news.

Now what do I do?
Well the one i saw has never returned that was two years ago.
Did make sure that all runs/shed were secure and never let them out unsupervised.

I really hope it is caught soon for your peace of mind. You cannot risk your bunnies being hurt!! Thinking of you. Please keep us updated.:cry:

Back