• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good sized dog play pen/run (height wise!)

Coggit

Young Bun
So! Harry has become a bit of a terror in his room, and has begun to chew the carpets in "his" room - I think I was a bit naive when I took him on! So, we're going to have to get him a crate/run for in his room to try and prevent any more damage (we've tried loads of wooden and cardboard toys - but he finds the carpet *MUCH* more fun.

He'd be in his run when we go to bed, he'll then be allowed out for 2 hours or so in the morning when we're getting ready for work, he'll then be in there for several hours (with 30 minutes out in the afternoon when my partner gets home for lunch!), until 5pm, when he'll have run of the house again until we go to bed. So it needs to be big enough to keep all of his toys, litter tray and bed in, but also high enough that he can't jump out! Eventually, we'll be adding the run to a rabbit cage/dog crate to give him more space and we'll also be looking for a wifebun for him in January time when we move.

Preferably they'll be on Amazon with Prime (so I can get next day delivery!). This one seems to be the biggest I can find and it's at a very good price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Galvanized-...F8&qid=1381310131&sr=8-3&keywords=dog+playpen

Any suggestions would be great :)!

For my old bun (also a naughty boy hehe) I used to have a fabric version of this and the cage door perfectly fitted into the doorway so he could jump back and forth during the day and it worked really well for me. :thumb:

Is the height only 61 cm? Samantha and Truffles would be able to jump that, so I think you'd need one a bit higher.
The ones we have that we sometimes use are this design which is quite adaptable and comes in different heights. It's also quite heavy - even the Contis can move a couple of panels about a bit but they can't lift it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbit-Guin...d=1381310638&sr=8-11&keywords=puppy+play+pens
There are lots of sellers on ebay and Amazon which offer this design.

Is the height only 61 cm? Samantha and Truffles would be able to jump that, so I think you'd need one a bit higher.
The ones we have that we sometimes use are this design which is quite adaptable and comes in different heights. It's also quite heavy - even the Contis can move a couple of panels about a bit but they can't lift it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbit-Guin...d=1381310638&sr=8-11&keywords=puppy+play+pens
There are lots of sellers on ebay and Amazon which offer this design.

Thanks for the reply. The one you linked, all of them are 61cm in height (even if we get the bigger one - the size seems to refer solely to area and not height :(!)

No the width is always 61 cm but the height varies - the XL one is 107 cm high. Unless I'm going mad! But we have panels of 2 different heights so I know they are available.

AH, okay. And would the XL one be big enough for him? It says it's 107cm, so smaller than the other one!

107 cm is the height. The panels are pretty much the same size as the one you linked to width-wise, so the size across will be the same as both have 8 panels. But if you have space you could get two and attach them - they are flat pack and fold out concertina style, then attached with a metal link, easy to do up and undo.

AH, okay. And would the XL one be big enough for him? It says it's 107cm, so smaller than the other one!

The panels cover exactly the same area on both (they each come with 8 X 61cm wide panels). The only real diff isthat the one posted by you is 61 high (which my titchy netherland dwarfs can jump out of) and the one posted by sam and truffs is 107cm high.

Edited to say sorry sam and truffs - i cross posted with you.

Last edited:
Back