• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For anyone worried about the little Blind Nethie on GUMTREE - new pics post 166

Now it all makes sense... they rang us yesterday to check you were legit. The owner spoke with the other nurse so I only got a half garbled message, s/he wanted to check you were a legitimate place and not horrible people. Our nurse told him/her that I had raved about the work you do and was excited for my little foster girl to come to you :D You made Steve work hard today then? :lol:

So glad this sweet bunny is safe with you now. Looking forward to pics and updates. Hope his little eyes can be sorted xxxx

Now it all makes sense... they rang us yesterday to check you were legit. The owner spoke with the other nurse so I only got a half garbled message, s/he wanted to check you were a legitimate place and not horrible people. Our nurse told him/her that I had raved about the work you do and was excited for my little foster girl to come to you :D You made Steve work hard today then? :lol:

Sorry about that, I had no idea she would ring you too. I gave her my vet for a reference and had mentioned that we were in Norwich to pick Lacey up and could combine the two bunny runs, so from that she decided to ring P@H too. I only found out late last night after she had made the call. There was some confusion as I had told you I was changing Pepsi's name but not what we were going to call her, so this lady was asking about Lacey :oops:

At least its all sorted now.:D I can't believe that they were just 5 minute from P@H, what are the chances?? :D

I hope you like the magazine :wave:

for anyone worried about the little blind nethie on GUMTREE - OMG

Brilliant news:wave:i was so worried about this little chap:(I saw him on the "get Gumtree animal free" site and really hoped that some kind person on here would take him:)I thought that his eye (not easy to tell from a small pic) looked infected :cry:
Hope that he is able to settle in well:)he looks a little angel:love:

Brilliant news:wave:i was so worried about this little chap:(I saw him on the "get Gumtree animal free" site and really hoped that some kind person on here would take him:)I thought that his eye (not easy to tell from a small pic) looked infected :cry:
Hope that he is able to settle in well:)he looks a little angel:love:

I havent heard of the "get gumtree animal free site", not sure I want to look :?

I havent heard of the "get gumtree animal free site", not sure I want to look :?

Found it and let people know he is safe with us :D

ETA just had a look round FB an he seems to crop up a lot, I had no idea :oops: I came across him by accident when looking for something else

Last edited:
Pics, although not very good ones

His cage, its tiny but the end has been cut away so he could come and go as he pleased in the flat, I thought it was quite ingenious! He will be in a new bigger cage soon once he has found his bearings

P1020281.jpg

His good side

P1020282.jpg

His bad side

P1020285.jpg

And The 2 stevies in my life :love::lol:

P1020283.jpg

Beautiful Beautiful.

How are his limbs? His fur and his eyes, to me, look like the max factor gene in action.

If that is the case, his life span is likely to be roughly 2-3 years. I know for sure though, that however long he is with you he will have a wonderful time and his problems won't matter to him. :love:

Beautiful Beautiful.

How are his limbs? His fur and his eyes, to me, look like the max factor gene in action.

If that is the case, his life span is likely to be roughly 2-3 years. I know for sure though, that however long he is with you he will have a wonderful time and his problems won't matter to him. :love:

His limbs are fine. After a quick check I can't find anything else wrong with him except a lack of testicles. Its quite funny really there are all these people on fb slagging off the owner because he isn't neutered and therefore she doesn't care about him when in fact he has nothing to neuter and she loved him to pieces. I had no idea he was on FB until 10 minutes ago.:roll:

She rescued him from a back yard breeder where there was a lot of inbreeding :( So sad that she is the one who rescued him but is the one getting slated

His limbs are fine. After a quick check I can't find anything else wrong with him except a lack of testicles. Its quite funny really there are all these people on fb slagging off the owner because he isn't neutered and therefore she doesn't care about him when in fact he has nothing to neuter and she loved him to pieces. I had no idea he was on FB until 10 minutes ago.:roll:

She rescued him from a back yard breeder where there was a lot of inbreeding :( So sad that she is the one who rescued him but is the one getting slated

That's really sad, I think it's clear she loved him. It wouldn't have been fair on the baby or the rabbit to keep him so she did the best thing and found him a new home.

The fur and the eyes are both key factors in that genetic condition. The limbs normally play a part though, although I have known a breeder get max afctor babies without limb issues but with horrific eyes and odd fur. I wonder if, beause his fur is so odd, if his energy goes into growing it as opposed to being a healthy weight and developing physically. I would guess he wasn't on a high protein diet where he was but I'm sure this is something you would look into if you felt it was worth a try for him.

The fur and the eyes are both key factors in that genetic condition. The limbs normally play a part though, although I have known a breeder get max afctor babies without limb issues but with horrific eyes and odd fur. I wonder if, beause his fur is so odd, if his energy goes into growing it as opposed to being a healthy weight and developing physically. I would guess he wasn't on a high protein diet where he was but I'm sure this is something you would look into if you felt it was worth a try for him.

His food was crappy :( I will just wait and see what the vet says, i am hoping we can see Juliet as she knows her stuff and we will take it from there :D

Awww what a little dear. It is a shame he is blind but I am sure he will have a very happy life with you now :) And it is probably for the best seeing as he can get the right medical care. I can't believe people on FB are saying such things. Some people just shout what everyone else is shouting don't they...

Awww what a little dear. It is a shame he is blind but I am sure he will have a very happy life with you now :) And it is probably for the best seeing as he can get the right medical care. I can't believe people on FB are saying such things. Some people just shout what everyone else is shouting don't they...

I know people are passionate about animal welfare, but it does wind me up that people love to jump to the most negative conclusions when they only have a fraction of the facts.

Back