• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue Tit nest: U/D They are on the move!!!

Major excitement this morning!!!

One little birdy!
Birdie1.jpg

...and he is hungry!!!
Birdie4.jpg

...and then there were two little birdies!
Birdie3.jpg

...then 3!!
Birdie6.jpg

We cant get footage of them hatching because mum keeps sitting on them and helping them out by tucking her head down and removing shell. Then proud daddy arrived on the scene to lend a helping beak!

Birdie5.jpg

Birdie7.jpg

I'll try and get some video footage!

Oh bless, where do you get the bird box with camera in from? I'm sure my mum and step dad would love one.

Rabswood

Oh bless, where do you get the bird box with camera in from? I'm sure my mum and step dad would love one.

Rabswood

There are loads to chose from online and some garden centers start selling them at this time of year. They range from about £60 upwards this one was about £75. I cant remember the name of the company I bought this one from. Many of them come all set up virtually ready to plug 'n' play. Lots of them have a connection which you can put straight into your TV!

ETA the actual picture quality is far superior to the pictures Ive posted, they've lost some resolution in the conversion!

There are loads to chose from online and some garden centers start selling them at this time of year. They range from about £60 upwards this one was about £75. I cant remember the name of the company I bought this one from. Many of them come all set up virtually ready to plug 'n' play. Lots of them have a connection which you can put straight into your TV!

ETA the actual picture quality is far superior to the pictures Ive posted, they've lost some resolution in the conversion!

Will investigate. It would be great to get a plug and play one as I'm rubbish at technical stuff. It's their wedding aniversary at the end of June, would make a great gift.

Rabs

A couple of recent video clips!

Mummy Bluetit feeding the rapidly growing babies.

Mummy Bluetit cleaning a baby bottom :shock:

All 11 hatched but 2 were late and unfortunately didnt make it :( but there are 9 healthy babies doing well :D

Oh bless them, they are all snuggled up warm and cozy then in comes mummy and all these giant gobs appear :lol:

Too cute

Rabswood

Back