• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm a muppet I think? PM results it was vhd2

I'm so very sorry Carrie, what an awful, awful shock :( Life is so unfair isn't it.

I know it's too soon to even think about it, but I have 4 girls here (not due to be spayed for another 6 weeks) who have been exposed to RHD2 too so can't go to be rehomed to be bonded to any other 'normal' bunny, so there may well be possibilities for future bonding there?

Big hugs to you xx

I'm so sorry to read this, Can't imagine what you have been going through! Thinking of your and Burr xxx

Thank you all. :love: It was not the answer I was "hoping" for :cry: I'm having him cremated and will scatter his ashes at the bottom of the garden, where the wild buns play. The virus won't survive the cremation so he will be safe to be free with the wild buns. :love:

Buur is doing well, but chewing everything because of nerves and bordem. Thankfully he has chilled a bit with age.

I'm so very sorry Carrie, what an awful, awful shock :( Life is so unfair isn't it.

I know it's too soon to even think about it, but I have 4 girls here (not due to be spayed for another 6 weeks) who have been exposed to RHD2 too so can't go to be rehomed to be bonded to any other 'normal' bunny, so there may well be possibilities for future bonding there?

Big hugs to you xx

Thank you so much Santa. :love: I may take you up on that offer. Problem is Buur is a very flighty boy and would need a very calm gentle bun! But if you have one and I pass a home check that may be the only way he can get a friend for a long time.

I'm so very sorry. Losing a rabbit under any circumstances is absolutely horrid. It must be so distressing for you that in this case, there are extra complications :cry:

Thank you all. :love: It was not the answer I was "hoping" for :cry: I'm having him cremated and will scatter his ashes at the bottom of the garden, where the wild buns play. The virus won't survive the cremation so he will be safe to be free with the wild buns. :love:

Buur is doing well, but chewing everything because of nerves and bordem. Thankfully he has chilled a bit with age.

Thank you so much Santa. :love: I may take you up on that offer. Problem is Buur is a very flighty boy and would need a very calm gentle bun! But if you have one and I pass a home check that may be the only way he can get a friend for a long time.

What a lovely thought to put his ashes where the wildies play :)

It's a kind offer from Santa. What hope springs from such sadness xx

Back