• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm a muppet I think? PM results it was vhd2

Thank you all so much:love:

Mark just rang and said feegal has had a nibble of food on his own but isn't eating a lot.

He's now hoping it's not vhd but need to wait for bloods tomorrow to see if his liver is in a state or not. He has hemorrhaging in his eyes as well. So fingers crossed it's not vhd, liver failure or anything else.

I've never had a rabbit go this long not eating. But feegal never stops eating. Even when he is in serious need of a dental...

Poor Feegal :cry: I really hope that he can pull through. He certainly has one of the best Rabbit Savvy Vets looking after him x

Poor Feegal :cry: I really hope that he can pull through. He certainly has one of the best Rabbit Savvy Vets looking after him x

Yes I'm very lucky to have him as a vet :) thank you.

Feegal has made it through the night. I've got to phone back at 4 to see how he is doing. I think Mark is phoning me today. I was in such a pickle on the phone I can't remember what he said:oops:

Was too quiet without them both last night..

Feegal has made it through the night. I've got to phone back at 4 to see how he is doing. I think Mark is phoning me today. I was in such a pickle on the phone I can't remember what he said:oops:

Hope you wont have to wait too long for the blood test results xx

Oh poor you!

Sending vibes. 4pm is a long time to wait! x

He had compleat liver and kidney failure. Red blood cell count of 11 which means he probably had internal bleeding so probable vhd2. Mark said he will do a postmortem to see if it was vhd2. He's not charging for pm, which is nice.

Not sure it has hit me yet. He's been my man for 9 years! Longer than any other man in my life.

They are keeping an eye on Buur. He will be pts too if he freaks.

Unbelievable xx

Last edited:
Carrie, I just noticed your title change. So sorry you lost Feegal. RIP little bun' x

Thank you all. And yes JacksJane, that's why Mark wants to do a pm. I can't imagine my life without rabbits and I won't be able to get anymore for ages if it is vhd.

I can't even bury him. It's always my final time with them, digging the hole 2 spades deep. It's the last thing I do for them. But where we have moved to is infested with wild rabbits. I can't risk that...

Thank you all. And yes JacksJane, that's why Mark wants to do a pm. I can't imagine my life without rabbits and I won't be able to get anymore for ages if it is vhd.

I can't even bury him. It's always my final time with them, digging the hole 2 spades deep. It's the last thing I do for them. But where we have moved to is infested with wild rabbits. I can't risk that...

Also if it is VHD2 burial would contaminate the soil and subsequent rainfall would spread the virus throughout your land :cry:

I cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling :cry: Devastated cannot really begin to describe it, I expect. Did Mark say how long it'll take to obtain a definitive diagnosis, samples have to be sent up to a lab in Scotland dont they ?

I really am so very sorry that you are having to cope with this awful situation :cry:

No he didn't say. The phone call was really just to get permission to stop Fee's suffering.

It is starting to hit me that he's gone but I have to look after my little ones and my other rabbits and animals. I just want to be on my own right now though. I don't know why :?

No he didn't say. The phone call was really just to get permission to stop Fee's suffering.

It is starting to hit me that he's gone but I have to look after my little ones and my other rabbits and animals. I just want to be on my own right now though. I don't know why :?

I can understand that :cry:

Back