• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes needed please for Teal ..one of the bird bunniesUPDATE POST 43

Been To The Vets ..

Not Her Teeth ..which Is A Relief In One Way As I Would Worry About A Ga With The Size She Is . She Does Have One Very Small Spur But Its Not Enough Or In Such A Position To Cause Her Trouble And Stop Her Eating ... However It Still Means We Dont Have A Cause .

No Blockage To Be Felt ...buty No Gut Sounds At All

Temp Normal

So Thinking Its All The Trauma Of Moving Her From Her Previous Home , Travelling , Vets , Change Of Food /surroundings Etc .. Poor Love .. :(

So Diet Out Of The Window For Now ...we Need To Get Her Eating Something ..then Cut Down Gradual.

Had Metaclop Injection ...and Got Fibreplex And Recovery ..and We Just Keep On Trying .

glad it's not her teeth
Burgess pellets, grass, parsley, hawthorn and dill.she ate all those here....and perhaps put her somewhere small and quiet..as it would be like where she was kept before..will keep fingers crossed x

well .. we have had a blob of partly formed poo .. and it looked like some dead thread worms in it (I knew she had worms and is into her second week of panacur .) ...wonder if worms have something to do with her stasis :?...

shes eaten eaten a little fresh dandylion and grass (only a little though) and has had a nibble on some dried danylion and plantain.

hopefully its a step in the right direction .:)

on the plus side her tummy and bottom are much much better and the fur is growing back :)

well of the poos are starting to move through that is good news
lets hope it is the worms upsetting her tum and the panacur fixes it

Lots of vibes for Teal. Worms in horses often causes colic (same as tummy ache/stasis in buns) & I know their digestive systems are very similar.

Lets hope the panacur sorts everything out & things start moving again very soon.

Gentle nose rubs for Teal xx

still not touched pellets or hay but eaten a bit more dried dandys and plantain a little more fresh grass and stuff ...not enough to make me stop worrying but there all the same ...and this morning we had a pile of very small but nicely formed poos . :D

she also seems brighter today and even came over and nudged my hand :love:

Back