• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Honey for tomorrow please U/D she's eating!

Good that she's home safely. Hopefully she will do some more nomming soon.Sending her more healing vibes. :wave:

Honey's not wanting to eat anything. I have just given her a little syringe feed, and she has had a tiny little piece of apple which she ate herself. She's had a little drink too. I have offered her loads of the usual herbs, veg, etc.

Should I leave her for the rest of the night, and see if she will start to eat herself? Or should I keep giving her syringe feeds every few hours? She still seems quite sleepy just now.

She had all her teeth burred a little, with one tooth getting more work done to it.

Did she take the syringe feed OK? I'm certainly no expert, but I would worry about her gut doing nothing all night and maybe going into stasis if she's still too sleepy to eat properly. Hopefully someone more experienced will come along to advise you.

She was well enough to put up a good fight with the syringe feed, so she had about a third, she got covered in a third, and I got covered in a third :lol:. She is cleaning herself, and seems quite fine, other than being a bit more sleepy and not wanting to eat.

Sounds like you are doing well. Just keep trying to tempt her to eat herself, she will still be sleepy so will need her rest as well. Now she has had a bit it might encourage her to want to eat herself some yummy grated cabbage or herbs.

She was well enough to put up a good fight with the syringe feed, so she had about a third, she got covered in a third, and I got covered in a third :lol:. She is cleaning herself, and seems quite fine, other than being a bit more sleepy and not wanting to eat.

We made a real mess of syringe feeding Spenser, but he actually licked up quite a lot of what got spattered onto my fleece and his fur. He also took some out of a little bowl and off the back of a spoon. It sounds as if she is in good spirits, but the sooner she noms the better.

She licked off most of the bits that were on her.

I think I'm going with my gut instinct here, and let her have a sleep now. I'll stay up with her tonight, and will try to feed her again if she isn't eating after she has had a good rest.

She doesn't seem in pain or anything. Am wondering if it was the painkiller that they gave her that has just made her a bit too sleepy.

if it was the one the vets gave bertie once...he stumbled out of the carrier...collapsed in the litter tray and slept without moving for 4 hrs...i could even get him to swallow..then suddenly he woke up...and scoffed hay then pellets.

did they give you any metacam to give at home...and metaclopramide?

try two syringe feeds and tempt with grated carrot...sliced greens.....apple etc.

but she will indeed need sleep...bless her.

my bridge bun bif was a dental bun..it wasnt until the last year of her life that they discovered her jaw is misaligned so the lower jaw jutted back too far. even the smallest of spurs according to the vets..was enough to upset her.
our merlin is exactly the same. yet other bun have huge ulcers and soft tissue damage and seem to be eating ok!!

healing vibes xx

I have meloxidyl to give her tomorrow. They said that she has had everything that she can get today. So far she is still resting, but is looking a bit more with it.

I'll give her another couple of hours and try another syringe feed, if she won't eat herself.

I've tried everything I can think of to tempt her. Grated carrot, grated apple, basil, mint, dandelions, strawberry leaves, mashed banana, celery leaves, etc, even baby food. All she's had is a couple of mouthfuls of grated carrot, and some of a chunk of apple (didn't like it grated :roll:), and quite a lot of a syringe feed. She was syringe fed at the vet's before she came home too.

It's good she's looking more with it. :) I've no experience of post-op buns, but maybe some just take a bit longer to feel themselves again. Hopefully if you offere her favourites again in a while she'll be more interested.

Thanks for your support :wave:. It's been boys that I've had done lately, and they've all recovered differently. I've had one that took about a week to recover, and one that was stuffing his face within a couple of hours of getting home :shock:

if she is still un-co-ordinated and sleepy i personally would go easy on syringing in case of aspiration
she should wake fully soon

Thanks for asking about her :D.

She is much better this morning :D. She picked up during the night, and started nomming by herself. At one point she even woke me up rattling her dishes together because she had eaten all her greens :lol:. All she is eating is grated carrot, a little apple, and herbs, but at least it is a start.

Back