• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Charlotte please. UD Still doing well this evening :)

Oh ****!

So sorry, I thought she was getting better :(

Really hope she improves soon Gemma! Once again everything is crossed for you.

Thanks guys.

She looks so unwell again :( And she was so bright before :(

We're going to give it another 35mins, which will be an hour after the Metacam dose, and if she still hasnt eaten we're going to give her some Critical Care and then try and get some sleep. I'll be checking on her every few gours in the night and giving her critical care if she needs it :(

Thanks guys.

She looks so unwell again :( And she was so bright before :(

We're going to give it another 35mins, which will be an hour after the Metacam dose, and if she still hasnt eaten we're going to give her some Critical Care and then try and get some sleep. I'll be checking on her every few gours in the night and giving her critical care if she needs it :(

I honestly would not give her any CC. I'd just give cooled boiled water, or chamomile tea/peppermint tea if you have any in.

The pain may be due to the impaction passing and the more hydrated the gut contents are the better.

You could also give her some Gripe Water/Infacol as gut stasis often involves a build up of gas pockets and they too can cause pain.

Can't add anything to what Jane said except I really hope that the meds kick in soon and she picks up again. Poor Charlotte and poor you.:cry:

I honestly would not give her any CC. I'd just give cooled boiled water, or chamomile tea/peppermint tea if you have any in.

The pain may be due to the impaction passing and the more hydrated the gut contents are the better.

You could also give her some Gripe Water/Infacol as gut stasis often involves a build up of gas pockets and they too can cause pain.

Ok thanks Jane.

She seems abit more comfortable again now. The rapid breathing has stopped and shes properly asleep. Do you think it could have been the Metacam wearing off? Or the hay she'd eaten passing through? :?

Ok thanks Jane.

She seems abit more comfortable again now. The rapid breathing has stopped and shes properly asleep. Do you think it could have been the Metacam wearing off? Or the hay she'd eaten passing through? :?

It could be that her intestines went into spasm, sort of like colic. You know that gripey type of pain.

It could be that her intestines went into spasm, sort of like colic. You know that gripey type of pain.

Ok. Well the pain seems to have passed thank god, perhaps the Metacam has kicked in. She has brightened up abit and is eating some hay :)

Im going to get a few z's in while alls well before I check on her in a few hours. Night night everyone, thanks so much for your support :wave:

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here...but please make sure you carry on with the metaclop for a couple of days after she seems normal. I tend to weam Marnie off it rather than stop it all together. I cut one day down to 1/2, and then the next down by 1/2 again.

Vet told me to do this as it prevents a shock to the system apparently. We had this problem with Blue...he would seem fine so Id stop the metaclop and he would go downhill again.....and usually end up worse than before.

Hope she feels better in the morning :wave:

Good mornng everyone :wave:

She seems much better today thankyou. We had a good night, every time I got up to check on her she was eating and drinking by herself so I didnt need to assist feed or anything :)

This morning she pested me for her pellets as usual and has eaten loads of hay and pooped alot. She even did me a little binky :love:

Med time is NOT gong to be easy now shes so bright! And thanks for the tip Bluesmum, I will be sure to continue the metaclop for the prescribed course :wave:

Good mornng everyone :wave:

She seems much better today thankyou. We had a good night, every time I got up to check on her she was eating and drinking by herself so I didnt need to assist feed or anything :)

This morning she pested me for her pellets as usual and has eaten loads of hay and pooped alot. She even did me a little binky :love:

Med time is NOT gong to be easy now shes so bright! And thanks for the tip Bluesmum, I will be sure to continue the metaclop for the prescribed course :wave:

Ven63.gif

Soooo happy for you! :D

Fab news :) Hope she continues to do well and behaves at meds time. I am so lucky with Inca, she takes all her meds straight from the syringe or hidden in a sugar snap pea!

Back