• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes Needed For Charlotte Please :( UD. Bladder infection :(

Morning everyone, thanks for asking about Charlotte :love:

Well she was in a bad way last night, it really took a long time for her to rally. I left her at 11pm, after giving her some Metacam, peppermint tea and tummy massages, to get a few hours kip and she was like this :(

Thankfully when I got up 2 hours later she was bright and eating again so I gave her a fresh pile of hay and left her to it.

This is the little madam this morning, right as rain :roll::love:

Thanks so much for the vibes :wave:

Charlottes having a relapse again this morning, exactly the same symptoms as Monday night :(

I'm waiting for the vets to open so I can phone them. Hopefully they'll say to take her down straight away :(

Charlottes having a relapse again this morning, exactly the same symptoms as Monday night :(

I'm waiting for the vets to open so I can phone them. Hopefully they'll say to take her down straight away :(

:cry:

Sounds like some aggressive fluid therapy (SQ/IV) may be in order as well as medication

Sending more vibes for her xx

Oh no...I hope the vet can get you in and something can be done to help her. xxxx
((((((((((((((((((((Sending renewed healing and comforting vibes and prayers for Charlotte and you too))))))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

We're going in in 20 mins. Still no improvement. It's the rapid breathing that scares me the most, even though I know it's probably pain related :(

Argh, my vets wife (who is also vet nurse) is such a moody cow some days. Sometimes makes me feel bad for taking up her time :evil: Such is the French way unfortunately :roll:

Hope Charlotte appreciates me pasting on a polite smile for her!

Back from the vets, she has a bladder infection :( I feel horrendous for not getting her to the emergency vets on Monday night now, I just thought it was a fur passing episode and then yesterday she was right as rain :? There's no excuse though :cry:

Anyway she's had injections of painkillers, Marbocyl and Metacloperamide. I have a weeks course of antibiotics to give her aswell, but vet said that if she's not markedly feeling better by the morning that I'm to take her back in for a scan :(

Vibes please xxxx

On the funny side my vet made the mistake of putting her on the scales to weigh her, at which point she bombed it off around the room with him in hot pursuit. Vet ended up banging his head on the corner of the table :shock::oops: *sniggers* I then swooped in and picked her up and she sat quietly in my arms, even his moody wife cracked a smile :lol:

Poor Charlotte, hope she is feeling better very soon. You weren't to know she had a bladder infection. When mine stop eating I assume its dental but one day it might not.

Ouchy for the vet. :shock:

Poor Charlotte, hope she is feeling better very soon. You weren't to know she had a bladder infection. When mine stop eating I assume its dental but one day it might not.

Ouchy for the vet. :shock:

That's the thing. She's stopped eating numerous times before, then been ok a couple of hours later after some Metacam, tummy rubs and passing a hairy poo bracelet so that threw me off. Feeling so guilty though :cry:

I know poor vet, wasn't sure whether to burst out laughing or apologies profusely so I went for both :oops::lol:

That's the thing. She's stopped eating numerous times before, then been ok a couple of hours later after some Metacam, tummy rubs and passing a hairy poo bracelet so that threw me off. Feeling so guilty though :cry:

I know poor vet, wasn't sure whether to burst out laughing or apologies profusely so I went for both :oops::lol:

So much moulting going on this time of year and I have seen a few string of poos, so I would have thought the same. Don't feel guilty, Charlotte has been treated now and was showing typical signs of statis/tummy problems.

I think I would have been biting my lip too. My old vet was always rather stuck up and aloof, I would have sucked back a giggle.:oops: Not my current vet, she is lovely.

So much moulting going on this time of year and I have seen a few string of poos, so I would have thought the same. Don't feel guilty, Charlotte has been treated now and was showing typical signs of statis/tummy problems.

I think I would have been biting my lip too. My old vet was always rather stuck up and aloof, I would have sucked back a giggle.:oops: Not my current vet, she is lovely.

Thanks BYB :love:

She's still looking very uncomfortable bless her :(

Yeh my vet is lovely, but very meek and mild mannered bless him so watching him chasing a little bunny around the room and then crack his head fed my inner devil :lol:

Don't feel bad, you weren't to know. If the usual treatment usually works then it's understandable that you'd try that first. Hope the antibiotics help and she feels better soon xx

Ah, yes the abx should make her feel much better once they reach proper levels. :)
I always thought giving metacam to a bunny having bladder problems was contraindicated. Perhaps I'm thinking of kidneys. I know Pip is a sludgy girl and although metacam will take the discomfort down for her cricky legs and get her moving more, it always seems to cause other digestive/elimination problems. Like as not it's just my whack bunny. :roll:

Really hoping all will be well and back to normal soon. xxxx :)

Back