• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Charlotte please. UD Still doing well this evening :)

Poor Charlotte :cry: Hope she feels better soon. The facilities sound amazing.... she will be well looked after by the sounds of things x

So the vet called. Her teeth are fine but she has a blockage, probably fur :evil:
She isnt eating by herself yet but has passed poo (not sure how many yet) and they think she would be better off back at home with Max and us.
So we're pickng her up at 5. I have booked tommorrow off work to look after her x

Glad she'll be coming home, hope she feels much better with Max and her family around her!

Thankyou. Im hoping once shes back home relaxed and getting lots of TLC off all of us she will have a nibble on her own.
I have some critical care to give her, Ive never used it before so does anyone have any advise on how best to administer it etc?
Shes being sent home with Metacloperamide, Metacam and something else I didnt quite catch (got lost in translation abit :oops:)
Im off to the shop in a mo to get in all of her favourite nibbles and I'll pick some fresh grass and dandylions when she gets home.
My poor girl, just want her home and back to her usual nosey madam self :(

Thankyou. Im hoping once shes back home relaxed and getting lots of TLC off all of us she will have a nibble on her own.
I have some critical care to give her, Ive never used it before so does anyone have any advise on how best to administer it etc?
Shes being sent home with Metacloperamide, Metacam and something else I didnt quite catch (got lost in translation abit :oops:)
Im off to the shop in a mo to get in all of her favourite nibbles and I'll pick some fresh grass and dandylions when she gets home.
My poor girl, just want her home and back to her usual nosey madam self :(

Warm water with a syringe. I'm surprised they have told you to syringe feed if there is a blockage :? Maybe make it up and see if she takes it on her own. I usually make it a bit runnier than it says on the packet. Marnie will only eat it off my fingers :oops:

It gets EVERYWHERE....just as a warning.

I used to give Blue and Marnie extract of papaya enzyme when they were moulting heavily. Someone said it helps break down any fur. Now it's just Marnie I don't bother cause her moult isnt so heavy.

I'm sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. I hope Charlotte is responding well to treatment.
Are they certain it is a blockage and not stasis? I would have thought they would keep her in for fluid therapy and treatment if so, unlesss the blockage has already broken up and begun to pass xx

Ok so we're back atlast!

I misunderstood over the phone. They think she has some fur causing problems in her gut but it isnt obstructed conpletely. She did some poos at the vets but wasnt eating.

Shes been home for 5 mins and is currently sitting in her litter tray with Max eating some hay :D I also picked her a dandy leaf and some long grass which she ate :D

She doesnt want pellets right now, but she did have a small dental whilst she was under as she had a spur which wasnt causing any problems but the vet filed it anyway as she was in there.

I am super pleased with her treatment and the knowledge of the vet.

Just a question please, as shes eating hay do I need to stress her with the critical care? Vet said adjust it when she starts eating but I didnt expect it to be this soon!

Bless her she is soooo tired, but like a different rabbit now shes home :love:

Sounds good, really good that she's eating hay.
Maybe don't stress her yet with the critical care, but you could make some up and put it it in a bowl for her to eat of her own accord. We used to do this with Squidgy.

I would not syringe feed her if she continues to eat for herself. I'd try to get her to take some fluids on board though

Sending more vibes for her xx

Sounds good, really good that she's eating hay.
Maybe don't stress her yet with the critical care, but you could make some up and put it it in a bowl for her to eat of her own accord. We used to do this with Squidgy.

Thanks, I will definatly try that :D
Shes just eaten a crunchie aswell, beggedxme for it when she heard the packet crinkle :love:
Max is so happy to have her home, hes groomed her loads, Im so happy :D

I may have spoken too soon, shes now breathing rapidly again and looks in pain :cry: Just given her her evening dose of Metacam and Metacloperamide, I hope it kicks in soon.

Why has she gone downhill again so suddenly?? :cry:

I would not syringe feed her if she continues to eat for herself. I'd try to get her to take some fluids on board though

Sending more vibes for her xx

^^^^ agree with Jane. Try to let her eat for herself and encourage fluids.
If she is eating veg etc, make sure you wash it well in water as it will help with the fluid intake. Also give her a bowl of water (with a dash of boiling to make it luke warm) rather than a bottle.

Also get her to move around gently but don't stress her.

Sending her lots of vibes.

Back