• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Velvet is very sick- shes gone

Oh God Phill - this is awful for you :( I truly hope that Velvet can get better and get home quickly.
Phill, has your vet thought about Hepatic Coccidiocis? It would be worth looking into as it is different to Coccidia - I think that all three buns have had something that is similar and not VHD.
Please get better Velvet - healing vibes being sent to you - xxxxx

Oh no Phill not another sick bun. You must be so worn down by all the stress. I SO hope she'll be ok. Questran (cholestyramine) is sometimes helpful in cases of eneritis. It apparently helps to absorb the toxins in the gut thereby may prevent enterotoxaemia. Dose is 0.5g/KG orally twice a day. Sending all our positive vibes to you. JCO+ 32 SNBs (Special Needs Buns) xx

o m g phil . i cant believe you have another poorly bun. dont give up girl i know lifes s **t some times but your other buns need you too. you must be well and truly fed up with the bad luck youre having.

Hope velvet is ok
love from Angie and her bunnies

Thanks JCO and Angie XXX im am thoughroly fed up and just tired and sad, but hey i have to keep giong! bunny's don't clean themselves XX

go and have some bunny quiet bunny time phil . have a bunny cuddle or a grooming session if they ll let you . if not just watch them i usualy find this makes me smile even when im sad.
Angie

/

Phil I'm so sorry to hear this :( didn't you have a pm done on Ivy which showed it was VHD? Hope this turns out to be treatable...sending hugs xx

im in the middle of cleaning one run done 6 to go! there so funny when i clean they try and sit in the smelly hay that im taking away! and not the nice fresh stuff!!

aw no phill , i,m so sorry velvet is ill , what a time you have been having and the bunnies too :( , sending you a big cyber hug , I wish I was just around the corner from you as I,d be there for you in person and try and take some of the worry from your shoulders . :( . Be strong phill , the bunnies need you , I hope velvet will be ok :(

Auntie Phil :) please pass a snuggle to Velvet from the BIBS and me of course :D and please look after yourself too :D

aaww Phill.. im so sorry to hear you are still having problems. I hope that Velvet improves soon and the vet works out what is causing the bunnies to be so ill. Hugs to you and your bunnies

Thanks Guys, The vet rang about half an hour ago, Velvet is ok she is responding to the Fluids and Antibiotics. It's not looking good though my vet now has an idea as to what it could be Muciod something or other but not the enteritis??? but he needs velvet to pooh as he needs to test it but she hasn't :(

I get the next update tommorow unless something happens overnight :(

Everything crossed at this end Phill, tell Velvet we are sending her loads of love and snuggles and of course to you as well. I will give you a ring later as I am just going to sort the buns out.
Take care
Love
Kay & Davidxxxx

P.s Sam & Blue did really well today at that Dog Training we went to they have said they will be leaving Grumpers & Growlers soon and going on to more obedience, so I asked if I could enrol David as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

My heart stopped Phill when I read about Velvet. If all our thoughts can help then we are all here for you. I am just so sorry that you are going through another horrible and worrying time.

Big hugs for you and millions of vibes for Velvet and please take care

aniback11.gif
aniback11.gif
aniback11.gif
aniback11.gif
aniback11.gif

So sorry to hear about Velvet :(
I hope all goes well overnight, I will be thinking of you.xx
Sending healing vibes to Velvet

Back