• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gi Stasis first timer and I'm worried sick 😭

I am utterly heartbroken, I've spent the whole day crying and finding it hard to accept the fact I will never see or hold my baby girl ever again. I have some of her fur in a pot the vets gave me and I went to see her after they rang to tell me she passed away and I held her like a baby and sang her a lullaby and promised I'd never forget her and never stop loving her. My dad buried her in my oarents back garden so at least I can visit her grave and lay fkowers for her. I've never felt grief like this I honestly thought she was coming home today. Sleep well my beautiful girl if love could have saved you, you'd live forever ������

I am so sorry for your loss. Your last post brought tears to my eyes because I know how devastating it can be to have such a sudden change in events just as you were feeling hopeful your special girl would recover.
Many bunny lovers on this forum know this feeling too.
It is an awful feeling and my heart breaks for you.
You gave her wonderful care and lots of love.
Sending you hugs.

Oh no I'm so very sorry to hear that you have lost your precious girl. You gave her a wonderful life, love and care, I'm sure she knew that. Sweet dreams Cherry, and a gentle hug for you too xx

I’m so sorry:cry: it’s heartbreaking. We have a forum section called rainbow bridge, if you would like to post a tribute thread for her on there it might help. Sending hugs xx

Back