• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roisin & Endeavour U/D 26th June

I'm sorry Endeavour is sneezing now. :( If it's an allergy issue, is there anything that can be done for him? I don't think I've ever heard of bunnies taking medication for that... Sending him lots of vibes. I'm glad the steroids have calmed your hayfever down.

Dunno if its licensed for rabbits but I've heard of them using piriton before.

I hope Roisin's sneezing clears just as quick

Thanks all, I am on steroids for another reason atm but they have calmed my hayfever down too. Endeavour is definitely presenting more like an allergy issue than an infection one :?

Yeah here allergens are having a hayday too-I couldn't resist the pun. Late cold followed by little rain here.
Sending vibes for the handsome Endeavour, Rosin and you too.

Last edited:
Adding my vibes for Roisin's continued improvement and for Endeavour to feel better soon too. xxxxx

I am convinced both Roisin and Endeavour were sneezing due to an allergen. We had to stop the abx for both as both developed gut dysbiosis. Both are OK gut wise now and neither of them are sneezing nearly as much. Neither have any nasal discharge now.

What could have triggered an allergic reaction in two out of six Rabbits I have no idea. But it all occurred at exactly the same time as I developed severe hayfever for the first time in over 20 years :?

I'm pleased they are both well now. Its really annoying when you suspect a problem but can't pinpoint it, allergens do sound likely

I am convinced both Roisin and Endeavour were sneezing due to an allergen. We had to stop the abx for both as both developed gut dysbiosis. Both are OK gut wise now and neither of them are sneezing nearly as much. Neither have any nasal discharge now.

What could have triggered an allergic reaction in two out of six Rabbits I have no idea. But it all occurred at exactly the same time as I developed severe hayfever for the first time in over 20 years :?

I think we're going to see more of this. Both Jenna and Ebon are very itchy right now, although Jenna may still be having either discomfort or a psychological response in her case. Ebon will not leave her paws alone despite all attempts to dissuade her. We know she's never adjusted to the different pollens here. In Alaska the worst thing was birch and that only got me, never the dogs. It seems almost a year long issue here though. A few of the main offenders here are scotch broom and whatever grass we have growing...plus acacia.

I also wonder if this is more post pandemic adjustment...either the virus itself or the vaccines I believe are changing us all chemically. I don't kniw how but I wonder if it's not having an effect on our pets?

Just my silly two cents, but I can't help feeling that everything we do/experience as humans has repercussions somewhere.

Glad to hear the bubs are doing better though. :love: Jenna has been without her baytril now for a few weeks after having a half tablet a day for months straight to keep her eyes as healthy as possible for her surgery. I expected a massive gut flora bloom and maybe diarrhea or some colitis but mostly she got constipated. :? For some reason that medication regulates her better than any probiotic I've tried on her.

Back