• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roisin & Endeavour U/D 26th June

Oh I am sure one of my Rabbits could manage it !! :roll: :lol:
:lol: Glad she's better and I hope that's all it was! After I got back from taking Buttons to the emergency vets, I was giving Lopsy a treat and he backed off making odd noises, pawed at his nose with one paw and then everything was fine! Bloomin' rabbits XD

Always good to have such a quick recovery, pleased she is well now. Being snotty must be so upsetting for bunnies

Now Endeavour is sneezing. Clear nasal discharge so far and OK within himself. But he is on abx as a precaution. I am pretty sure all these sneezy Bunnies are being effected by an allergen. I have awful hayfever for the first time in over 20 years.

It does seem to be the season for odd animal health issues. Had 3 nearly emergency calls with the dogs in the last 2 weeks. It's been over 10 years since that happened with any animal here. I'm also having sneezing fits on dog walks at certain points, so there's definitely a lot of pollen around - everything is in peak growth and its all been pushed into a shorter window with the cold / dry weather earlier in the year.

I hope Roisin continues to stay well, and E 's sneezing resolves.

It does seem to be the season for odd animal health issues. Had 3 nearly emergency calls with the dogs in the last 2 weeks. It's been over 10 years since that happened with any animal here. I'm also having sneezing fits on dog walks at certain points, so there's definitely a lot of pollen around - everything is in peak growth and its all been pushed into a shorter window with the cold / dry weather earlier in the year.
Totally agree, mine's been worse this time (mostly presenting as eyelid eczema, joyjoyjoy :roll:)and I'm not usually too bad with grass pollen: I got it TERRIBLE last year because the hot dry weather was peak birch season which is my worst allergen. Certainly the flowering shrubs have gone totally mental this year, we've never seen all the hawthorns so covered, and we're getting the same now with the elder and cotoneaster round here. And I don't recall seeing so many grass seed heads around! Absolutely chokka.

Thinking about it, our council don't mow much anymore (except where it's dangerous not to) so that could contribute? Nottingham City don't just not mow though, they planted bee-friendly verges etc. so it's a bit more organised rather than simple money saving :lol:

Thanks all, I am on steroids for another reason atm but they have calmed my hayfever down too. Endeavour is definitely presenting more like an allergy issue than an infection one :?

I'm sorry Endeavour is sneezing now. :( If it's an allergy issue, is there anything that can be done for him? I don't think I've ever heard of bunnies taking medication for that... Sending him lots of vibes. I'm glad the steroids have calmed your hayfever down.

I'm sorry Endeavour is sneezing now. :( If it's an allergy issue, is there anything that can be done for him? I don't think I've ever heard of bunnies taking medication for that... Sending him lots of vibes. I'm glad the steroids have calmed your hayfever down.

Bunnies can have Piriton but it is not always effective.

Back