• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Roisin- U/D 22nd December - Seems to be on the Mend......*Touch Wood*

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
For almost a year Roisin has been suffering with recurrent episodes of 'Snuffles' and a gunky ear. She has had long courses of various abx, both oral and injectable. Nebulising, abx ear and eye drops. The symptoms resolve but after 2-3 weeks after treatment stops all the symptoms return. Throughout she has been 'well within herself' but I have been unable to attempt to try to bond her into a trio with Aoife and Endeavour. I tried her with JJ and Dara, but Roisin and Dara HATED each other. It was never going to work. I attempted this prior to Roisin's first episode of 'Snuffles'. In fact I think it was the bonding stress that triggered it :cry:

I have a feeling Roisin is going to have to remain on Depocillin Long Term. Certainly not ideal :cry:

She started another flare up today

uxoM3X9.jpg

1nidBY4.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, baby girl :love: I remember never really getting on top of Noodles snuffles -same story, she'd be off anti- biotics for just a few weeks & it'd flare up again. FHB did xrays & it turned out the assault to her face that had lead to a loss of vision in one eye had also broken tiny bones so nothing connected or drained right :( I can also empathise with the inability to bond because of her health, I had that with Mousey.

Sending lots of vibes for your pretty wee girl

Aww, baby girl :love: I remember never really getting on top of Noodles snuffles -same story, she'd be off anti- biotics for just a few weeks & it'd flare up again. FHB did xrays & it turned out the assault to her face that had lead to a loss of vision in one eye had also broken tiny bones so nothing connected or drained right :( I can also empathise with the inability to bond because of her health, I had that with Mousey.

Sending lots of vibes for your pretty wee girl

Awww poor Noodles :cry:

I am sorry to hear this, poor Roisin. She isn't allergic to something?

No, it’s definitely bacterial unfortunately

Poor Roisin :( It's such a shame that also because of this issue, she can't be bonded as well. Completely understand why not though and also of course she is in the close vicinity of other bunnies.

Poor Roisin :( It's such a shame that also because of this issue, she can't be bonded as well. Completely understand why not though and also of course she is in the close vicinity of other bunnies.

Yes, touch wood so far the other Bunnies have not been effected. Dara has always been Snuffly due to being brachycephalic. But it’s not true snuffles as in the active infection.

I can’t adopt any more Rabbits, so adopting a Rescue with a history of recurrent Snuffles isn’t an option.

Oh bless her, she does look a bit below par. Hope you are feeling better soon pretty girlie xx

Sending vibes to your beautiful girl. I know she is getting wonderful care with you.
My bridge bunny CX,my avatar, had recurrent than chronic snuffles for years, similar to Rosin. Though I am sure Rosin has the best caregiver!
He was on daily abx too. I recall the chronic infection deteriorated the boney structure in his nose, so he was more sensitive to dust and other sllergens too.

Last edited:
Poor Roisin :( I really hope she begins to feel better soon.
Jenna has something ENT going on again I fear. Like Roisin she needs frequent courses of abx but getting them from my vet is like going through purgatory. :evil: I recognize the signs and it seems to be aggravated by seasonal changes as well. Plus she's really shaking her head and ears more than usual. I sometimes wonder if it's some kind of whack immune response disorder. :(

Well the bunny with attitude seems to know what she needs to do to get better. What a star patient :love:

Given what a sassy Doe Roisin can be I am amazed at how well she tolerates the nebuliser. To be honest she seems to enjoy it as she will actually shove her nose deeper into the mask as the vapour comes out. I think the vapour must soothe her bunged up nasal passages.

It is always a treat when a bunny cooperates with their medical care.
She must trust you are making her feel better. Bunnies are such smart animals.

Roisin is having another really nasty flare up ☹️ Her lungs are very crackly this time too, which is not good news at all ☹️ She is on all the appropriate treatment, but if there are any spare vibes we would really appreciate them.

• Sad
Reactions: KCG
Back