• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven dental 12/20/22 update post 204

I am glad I did not reschedule Raven's dental because yesterday he did not eat or drink as much as he was last week, and his overnight poo looked smaller too. Also, he was only eating part of his treat stick even though he kept begging for more.

Spouse collected Raven an hour ago. He needed the dental and was eating his greens and pooping a lot at the vets. He is now drinking a lot of water which is a good sign.
His ears have been up and he is much more active tjan he was after his last dental, so I am hoping he will eat enough on his own tonight so I do not have to syringe feed, though he will need Medicam later. He just ate some fresh hay spouse gave him too!
He was a very good bunny at the vets and my spouse did a good job relaying what vet said about his teeth. Please send vibes I did not jinx him so he will continue to do well.

Ooh, I missed this! Brave Raven, being so good at the vets. :love: It sounds like he's doing well, so I hope he won't need to be syringe-fed later. Sending him lots of vibes for his recovery.

Wonderful update. Good boy Raven :love: Hope he continues to recover well.

Thank you. He is eating all his greens, some hay, and he even took a piece of his treat stick today. His drinking peeing and pooing is good too. I had a rough night with my knee replacement, yet seeing Raven eat his greens early this morning made me smile.
My sister made a special trip to the store where they had his favorite dandelion greens, and it warmed my heart.

Ooh, I missed this! Brave Raven, being so good at the vets. :love: It sounds like he's doing well, so I hope he won't need to be syringe-fed later. Sending him lots of vibes for his recovery.

Thank you. I am very happy with Raven's recovery from his dental. I hope he can continue to do well. Tonight, after he took his medicam, I was able to gave him a hug with nice back rubs and we both enjoyed it.

Last night I was having a lot of pain, yet spouse needed someone to watch Raven while he cleaned Raven's area. I got to snuggle Raven in bed, and got a good snuggle. He was my therapy bunny for several minutes.:love:

The best sort of Therapy :love::love:

I do hope your pain lessens ASAP xx
Yes it is the best therapy. All my bunnies make me smile with the special things they do. Since my surgery, I have not been able to hold any of my other bunnies, though they each have a special way of makng me happy.

Aww must be lovely cuddling a bunny in bed, bet Raven loved it :) hope you mend a little bit more each day xx

Pets mum
Thank you. Raven was watching my spouse fixing his area. He was cuddling for a few minutes before he wanted to check out my area.
My lionheads love to cuddle, yet I have not been able to get them on my lap since before my surgery. Though I did manage to give Heidi, my mini Rex , a hug on Saturday and it felt so nice.

Back