• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Joey & Boo have some get well vibes

I really hope Joey and Boo are doing a bit better this evening.

When Snoopy had his last bout of stasis it did take him a few days to start eating and pooing normally. He was taken ill on a Tuesday night. He had to be syringe fed all day on the Wednesday as he showed practically no interest in any food put in front of him. On Thursday he was showing more interest in food and started to nibble bits but not loads so had to be topped up with CC. His appetite gradually but noticeably improved over the next day or so and he was eating normally by Saturday. Even with the meds and syringe feeding his poos did get quite small for a couple of days and gradually got better. I did syringe feed him water as well just to ensure his gut was well hydrated.

Lots of vibes for Joey and Boo and hugs for you as well, this must be the last thing you need on top of everything else :(

they are very tightly bonded as a trio these days. I'm temporarily living in the same room as them (house renovation gone wrong / slow) so theres non stop observation. It took some getting there! They all hold there own in chasing each other for food (well normally)

Thanks for the reassurances these things take time. They are both having some of pretty much any food but interest wanes quickly. Boo is doing better, poo is still tiny but twice the size. In spirit she seems reasonably happy. joey is on / off & being a pain to feed too. His poo is still pitiful

they are very tightly bonded as a trio these days. I'm temporarily living in the same room as them (house renovation gone wrong / slow) so theres non stop observation. It took some getting there! They all hold there own in chasing each other for food (well normally)

Thanks for the reassurances these things take time. They are both having some of pretty much any food but interest wanes quickly. Boo is doing better, poo is still tiny but twice the size. In spirit she seems reasonably happy. joey is on / off & being a pain to feed too. His poo is still pitiful

Oh my! house in chaos & 2 buns coming out of stasis. I think you need a few "vibes" too.
Thank you - you've answered my question - I was barking up the wrong tree trying to fathom out why Joey & Boo have stasis & Mouse is fine.
You're doing well. It is often a slow business. Everything crossed for you all.

Hope you can get some respite from having to worry about them soon, and you'll be back to trying to adopt them off to DP :)

You're right - I'll probably not find out why. Mousey presents as sensitive but so does Joe, Boo doesn't but being deaf its probably different stuff that makes Boo vulnerable? I remember I used to think my bridge bun Noodle didn't have a care in the world yet she came down really bad EC / head tilt within 24 hours of losing her sis so was obviously very sensitive in nature.

When is their poo going to get better - i though 24 hours of big syringe feeding would bring about a more significant change. I've had bunnies non stop for about 25 years but never had stasis issues, bar Joey who has several times got windy & uncomfortable but always straight back on form within an hour or 2. I've never had to syringe feed like this before. 50ml syringes are huge ...obviously. Father in law was in their room when I wasn't on Saturday. I tried subtle interrogation via OH (had he done any soldering in that room, had he fed them anything ...he said not). They are kind of used to him as he is here a lot. Until Monday we had a convection heater in the room - are they safe?

Anyway your support is wonderful, I've not had sick bunnies (other than Mouses symptomless gunky ear) since joining RU & it does help to share.

What, since you were 5? ;)

Boo guzzled her last feed like a beautiful little piggy, not a drop on her fur. Joey is hating them & I'm getting much less in him than I'd like. He is eating some foods for himself but is a bit "meh" after a few mouthfuls.

No bun is drinking water that I've seen

Metacam question, how do you get it in the syringe? - take the stopper out or pour in to a receptacle? Noodley had 4 drops, so much easier

Metacam question, how do you get it in the syringe? - take the stopper out or pour in to a receptacle? Noodley had 4 drops, so much easier
Mine came with a special adapted syringe, you just draw it up through the dropper bit...?

How are they today? xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

aw, thanks for asking. Boo is doing Ok but poo still tiny :( She seems to like syringe feeding & is doing her best to get comfortable

[URL=http://s375.photobucket.com/user/louisefoot/media/IMG_4523_zpsmafxmynn.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo197/louisefoot/IMG_4523_zpsmafxmynn.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Joey worries me more as he is not enjoying his feeds. He doesn't look as relaxed either. His poo also tiny.

Meanwhile Mouse likes her new vet bed & has been rolling around in the others tiny poos

IMG_4538_zpsfohlsmsq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good boo for eating the syringe feeding.

Has joey been having some metacam to help him relax more? Maybe he'd prefer to try the syringe food from a spoon... some awkward buns prefer to lap it up that have it syringes to them.

My good mousey :love: she's such a good girl

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've tried it on a plate but he acts disgusted with it. They are both on metacam, zantac, donperidone & CC (with baby food - tried a few)

Mousey is a good girl, just like mini Mouse -Phoebe. Her & Boo are currently flop stretched facing each other & touching paws, so sweet:love:

Weirdly enough he does lick my jumper when I've finished trying to feed him & my jumper is plastered in CC. Joey is not normally into grooming other species. Explain that one ;)

Back