• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could we have some vibes?

Thank you so much, susie bun, bunny momma, and BYB. They have continued to get better. Their eating is a lot more like normal today, and now that Sophie's feeling better, Casper's a lot more relaxed. They're still getting their medications, but I'll start decreasing them now. They did find a molar spur on Casper on Friday at the vets, so we'll need to keep a close eye on that, but since he's eating well now it doesn't seem to be causing him any problems at the moment. Thank you so much for the support, everyone. It looks like they'll be perfectly okay, thankfully, which is a big, big relief. 🥰 We've had 3 days of vet visits in a row this past week, and Friday's appointment was over an hour long since the vet was so thorough with them both and they also had their laser therapy, so I'm definitely exhausted and could use some rest. 😴

So nice to hear they're both doing better. ❤️ Long may it continue. And I hope you'll be able to get some much needed rest! 🙂

My 3 bunnies never truly got bonded so I didn't get to see them cuddle together. But Mimzy in particular loved to be close to me and would scoot right up to my side whilst being fussed. God forbid the fussing stop for any reason though, I'd get a quick nip to remind me he wasn't finished! 🤣

So pleased to hear that bunnies are doing much better now, their vet sounds brilliant ! hope you manage to get a good rest now xx

Such a good update although it sounds like you've all had a tough week. I hope you can relax more now.

It is always nice to read a positive update on the bunnies. I hope you can get some rest now that they are doing well. The vet sounds lovely to spend the time with them.

Aw, thank you so much, everyone. 🥰 They're all back to their normal selves today, so it seems they've gotten through this thing okay. Not sure what caused Sophie's problems... The vet thought it could be a virus or some bacteria; she didn't have any parasites, at least. Their vet was wonderful, I agree. She was really good with them, and I really like her. I've been resting a lot today now that everything's back to normal; thank you all for hoping I can.

MimzMum, Mimzy sounded adorable, aww. It's good he let you know when he wasn't finished yet 😂🥰

You must be so relieved that they are back to being their normal selves.
Sending vibes they continue to do well and you can rest easy

Thank you, j&b, dollyanna, and bunny momma. 🥰 I'm definitely relieved they're back to their normal selves! Casper's back to jumping and sitting on me to beg for food instead of running and hiding at every noise and movement, so that's much, much better. 🥰

I'm so glad to see this update, it's great to hear they're getting better again mashallah 😍😍

Back