• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New arrival

Am looking forward to meeting you and your wife, Craig and Flo too of course. Have you told her about her new husbun?

Am looking forward to meeting you and your wife, Craig and Flo too of course. Have you told her about her new husbun?

Thank you Rhianna and everybun.
Yes I have been talking to Flo about peanut and showing her photos. Not sure what Flo has been making of it all but she seemed a little brighter the last few days - I’ve put that down to it being cooler. Not sure how Flo will react - we’ve not had such special guests in our house before so Flo will probably be a bit anxious. But the weather is forecast decent so peanut can have a good old run round the garden when you arrive as Flo has her siesta between 12 and 5. We are looking forward to the day and I’ll be up at silly o’clock preparing all I need to prepare. It will be amazing to meet you.
Craig xx

Peanut is a lucky bunny to become part of your family. I do miss Leo, who did a wonderful job teaching Flo about his wonderful family so she could be comfortable with humans.
Now it is Flo's turn to pass along what she learned from Leo along with her lovely Floisms.
Sending lots of good wishes.

Awwww this made me tear up!!! Craig I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss :( but it has made me so happy to hear of this bunny lovestory in the making! I'm sure they'll both love having the bunny company and peanut is an absolute cutie!!
Best of luck with the bonding and can't wait to see them cuddled together!! [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Thank you again everybun. I am following threads - sorry not contributing much, but I am still very much hurting from the loss of Leo so I just feel like the stuffing has been booted out of me.
I am warmed by all your wonderful comments and support - I too love the phrase ‘floisms’ - you all have a very caring loving way of supporting both hoomans and bunnies alike. Bunny mammas comments brought a tear or two to me, but I know very much what she is saying. I also love mimz mums comment about a paw in the kismet dish.
Flo is acting a bit strange tonight - we wondered if she is picking up on things that we don’t know or can explain. Watching her in the garden, she sits and stares at a couple of places. Sits for ages in a semi alert position. I don’t know if she is ‘seeing’ something we can’t see or if she is sensing something we can’t?
It will be a huge privilege to meet Rhianna and her dear friends tomorrow and peanut. I’ll post photos as soon as I am able to.
Craig xx

Just got in from work. An exciting day ahead tomorrow. Glad I'm not driving so I can have a little nap on the way if I need to:) I so hope Flo and Peanut like each other when they are bonded.

It's lovely to have RU vibes helping us on our journey tomorrow. Thank you everybun. See you tomorrow Craig xx

Four thirty update for everybun. I’ve met my share of people along life’s journey it’s fair to say, but today I met three of the most genuine, most sincere most fabulous caring warm people I’ve ever had the pleasure of sharing an afternoon with. Rhianna was awsome, a warm and delightful lady with a clear passion for animals. And her two friends - peanuts parents were just amazing. It is clear that people who care for animals, who devote time and energy into their pets have a far deeper understanding with others who share that passion. And today I met 3 people who understood what losing a loved pet was like, and it suddenly doesn’t feel like you are in a deep black hole. As I type, peanut is bounding down the path and stopping to stuff some more grass in his mouth as he’s working out his memory map of the garden. He’s enjoying shoving his nose into every triffid and he is a very confident rabbit. He’s not phased by everything. We put him into the hutch to begin with - just to give peanut some time after a long journey, to chill as it can be overwhelming to have so much change.
Flo was surprisingly relaxed for our guests and she was quite happy to shade- bathe under the chairs on the patio.
When Flo eventually discovered peanut, I think she was quite startled and had a foot stomp and scampered off. Defcon 3 would be a fair assessment. Flo has had a tentative nose round the hutch with peanut in, but there has been no direct aggression - which I’ll take as a positive although neither yet has had any prolonged interaction.
Flo is inside at the mo, as she tends to have her afternoons inside. Peanut is happy to have garden time and so he’s working his way round. I haven’t done photos or video yet as I’ve been enjoyably busy preparing our home to welcome our guests and cooking lunch and doing a spot of cake making for our lovely guests. Now it’s just washing up left to do.
I’m having a bit of downtime as I’ve been awake since about 5am - excited but apprehensive but I hope Rhianna and her two amazing friends have enjoyed their trip and hopefully feel our environment is a good home for peanut and once we get him bonded with Flo then it will be an interesting journey for them both.
Thank you everybun for the bonding vibes. We’ll take it slowly and be guided by peanut and flo’s body language.
I’ll post some photos later when I’ve had a micro nap!
Craig xx

Such a lovely post to read, glad it all went well. Sounds like Peanut is finding his paws already :D can't wait for more updates x

So very good to hear the update :D can't wait for more updates and for the pics and videos!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Back