• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New arrival

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
FirstItly, I apologise that I've been a bit 'quieter' on the forum over the last few weeks. It is 4 weeks today since Leo passed and life for me has seemed very much as if it was in slo motion. Moving on and forward is something that I find difficult to do under certain circumstances. I have been following posts on the forum, even if I haven't conributed as frequently as I perhaps otherwise would.
Although I find myself in this very difficult limbo land situation, I am extremely conscious about Flos emotions and although she is coping well, there are signs that her behaviour is not as confident as it was during her time with Leo, particularly during garden time and more noticably at bed time. She reacted badly to being shut in the kitchen/diner - which is her bed area and so we have taken the bold step to allow her free roam access at night to the living room as well - which Flo is much happier with. She is not a destructo bun so she has a particular spot she sits in and it's been like this over the last few weeks.
Behind the scenes however, there is some news regarding a possible companion for Flo, and this is all very much down to the amazing and kind work from Rhianna who I must go on record as saying, is one of the absolute kindest and thoughtful special people that we are blessed with.
Rhianna contacted me with an idea about a friend she has, who is willing to allow us to adopt her solo bunny. He is a mature chap, very handsome and has a gentle and super friendly personality. All being well, we are hoping to welcome this adorable little chap into our home in just under 3 weeks time.
This is a huge positive for Flo as she heals from the loss of Leo, and she very much wants and needs to have companionship again. It will be a big step for us too, to have a new personality in the home, and hopefully the new bun will find Flo's home and garden a place he will be happy in.
I will of course keep everyone updated but it would be nice if you could keep Flo and our new arrival ini your thoughts as we get nearer arrival date which hopefully is the 23rd.
Craig xx

Oh Craig, you have a very beautiful heart. :) I am very happy with the new news. It's so beautiful. I hope you will be very happy when your new bunny joins your family. And together you will make so many good memories. :)

I am still broken hearted that Leo passed, yet am glad you will be turning your tragic loss into a positive for this older chap. Does he have a name?

You've had your fair share of rabbit heartache, I hope this boy coming into your home will help you and Flo.x

Aaaw thank you for the lovely things you have said Craig. Made me blush:oops:

Just to give everyone a bit more info about Peanut. He lives with a friend of mine but sadly his companion died and although he has human company as my friend T and her partner are retired he is missing bunny company. He has free range of her garden when they are in and sits on the sofa with them in the evening. T and her partner have bought a big new caravan and are intending to travel now neither of them are working. Therefore they did not want to add another bunny to their family.

T asked me if I knew anyone who would be interested in rehoming Peanut but at the time I didn't.

I went to T's for lunch and Peanut was outside and was sitting by the patio doors and he just sat there, not moving but looking really sad and I thought he was missing having a bun to share the garden with. I thought I would mention him in passing to Craig, although thought he would be too old - he is seven - and Craig thought he sounded like a suitable husbun for Flo. Much excitement!!!!!

T, her partner and I are planning to deliver Peanut on 23 June. It is a long drive but Peanut is a laid back bun. T and her partner have very mixed emotions but want to do the best for Peanut and I have reassured them that Craig has an awesome home and Peanut will be incredibly well cared for. I told T that I would trust Craig with either of my own bunnies.

Hopefully the bond will go well as they are both grieving lonely bunnies.

Bunny matchmaking :love:

Oh this is just so lovely, it's really made me well up. There really are some incredibly kind and thoughtful folk on here, who go above and beyond to make the lives of our furry friends, happier and fulfilled. I wish everybun good luck and can't wait to hear more.

What a delightful update! :love: Everything crossed for the future happy couple! :thumb:

Leo is still very much missed, but I like to think that our Bridge companions sometimes have a paw in the kismet dish. I'd say this proves my theory! :)

This is lovely news, hopefully Flo will love and heal with Peanut, I too am looking forward to photos. Craig what a lovely thing to do to take this chap. Well done Rhianna for your good thinking.

I've not been around much lately, but this is indeed lovely news to catch up on. I will look forward to the updates later this month
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quick update for everybun - Peanut will be arriving tomorrow (Wednesday) lunchtime so we are getting as much ready here as we can.
Here is a recent photo of Peanut taken at the weekend. I will update everyone after tomorrow:
MbBpKDo.jpg
[/IMG]

Back