• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Bennett UD Friday improving

Phoned the vets, receptionist wouldn't tell me anything, said C wants to talk to me.

I expect it's simply because it is usually easier for C to speak directly with us rather than to relay information via a third person. Also, C knows how worried you are so I am sure that is another reason why she wants to speak with you herself.

Our receptionist are not allowed to give out any medical details so hopefully its nothing to worry about.

Sorry I've not kept up with thus thread. I am thinking of you xx

Thanks, I guess I read too much into what the receptionist said. It was perhaps the wording and tone needed better phrasing, rather than saying C needs a talk with you about him, which sounded scary. Since Mr B hasn't been well since Sunday its been hard on the nerves, then of course James kept saying to expect the worse, over the last few days.

Anyway C did call and I told her my panic :oops:, Mr B is eating a little and C kindly gave him her own basil plant which he ate but he isn't pooing yet. We can pick him up and now waiting to see if James car passes it MOT. Pick up the car, get some basil for C and Mr B and then pick him up. I am not good when Mr Bennett gets like this.

Thanks, I guess I read too much into what the receptionist said. It was perhaps the wording and tone needed better phrasing, rather than saying C needs a talk with you about him, which sounded scary. Since Mr B hasn't been well since Sunday its been hard on the nerves, then of course James kept saying to expect the worse, over the last few days.

Anyway C did call and I told her my panic :oops:, Mr B is eating a little and C kindly gave him her own basil plant which he ate but he isn't pooing yet. We can pick him up and now waiting to see if James car passes it MOT. Pick up the car, get some basil for C and Mr B and then pick him up. I am not good when Mr Bennett gets like this.

Hopefully once Mr B gets home and back in a familiar environment things will start moving through. Does he like Coriander ? My Rabbits really love it and it often encourages them to eat more.

You have just reminded me, I need to check when my car is due it's MOT !! I hope James's car passed OK.

Hopefully once Mr B gets home and back in a familiar environment things will start moving through. Does he like Coriander ? My Rabbits really love it and it often encourages them to eat more.

You have just reminded me, I need to check when my car is due it's MOT !! I hope James's car passed OK.

Who knows with Mr B, he doesn't usually eat basil. He used to eat it but turned his nose up last few times I bought it. C calls him a secret eater, and that is so true. I may as well buy coriander, it won't get wasted anyway. The others love it.

That car has cost £200 in the last two weeks. £65 fine for going in a bus lane in Kingston, we didn't even know he drove into a bus lane, he turned left into the street that goes past primark, we never saw any signs. The actual fine was £130 but £65 if you paid within two weeks. Then five days later James was driving to work, pulled into a gutter to let someone drive past, he heard a crunch and a hiss, gets out of the car and the gutter was full of broken beer bottles, both tyres were wreaked and cost £130.00.

Thank you everyone for your support, you know how upsetting it can be. Mr B is a big part of our home, he gets us up every day for his breakfast, he goes to bed when we turn the light out, he is with us inside all the time and I spend a lot of time with him.

Last edited:

Sounds really positive :thumb:

How kind of Christabel to give him her basil plant! I don't think any of us are any good at managing our bunnies' illnesses. I know I'm not!

Well done you and Mr B - hopefully continued progress from now on!

Who knows with Mr B, he doesn't usually eat basil. He used to eat it but turned his nose up last few times I bought it. C calls him a secret eater, and that is so true. I may as well buy coriander, it won't get wasted anyway. The others love it.

That car has cost £200 in the last two weeks. £65 fine for going in a bus lane in Kingston, we didn't even know he drove into a bus lane, he turned left into the street that goes past primark, we never saw any signs. The actual fine was £130 but £65 if you paid within two weeks. Then five days later James was driving to work, pulled into a gutter to let someone drive past, he heard a crunch and a hiss, gets out of the car and the gutter was full of broken beer bottles, both tyres were wreaked and cost £130.00.

Thank you everyone for your support, you know how upsetting it can be. Mr B is a big part of our home, he gets us up every day for his breakfast, he goes to bed when we turn the light out, he is with us inside all the time and I spend a lot of time with him.

And he 'redesigns' your furniture !! :lol:

Looking forward to home redesigning. :lol:

Mr Bennett is home now, he really seemed so pleased to see me. :love: As soon as we got home he went under the bed, so I am going to leave him. He was eating a bit better and did some tiny poos at our vets. I bought C two basil plants, one for her and one in case another bunny needs some. I know this will be a few days of little eating and tiny poos. At least I have some CC now.

Looking forward to home redesigning. :lol:

Mr Bennett is home now, he really seemed so pleased to see me. :love: As soon as we got home he went under the bed, so I am going to leave him. He was eating a bit better and did some tiny poos at our vets. I bought C two basil plants, one for her and one in case another bunny needs some. I know this will be a few days of little eating and tiny poos. At least I have some CC now.

I am so glad to hear that he's home. Pinhead Poo is better than no poo at all. Hopefully over the next couple of days his GI tract motility will get back to normal. I am sure he is happy to be home xx

Welcome Home Mr. B.! :love:
Sending plenty of eating and pooping vibes for him and some comforting hugs for you. You've been through it lately and I hope there are happier times ahead for you all. :) xxxx

Thank you. :love:

I cannot believe how grateful Mr B seems to be back at home. Last night he tucked his head under my chin.

Eating vegetables and some herbs, not keen on hay yet. Tiny poos are finally starting but mainly MrB is much more alert and active. Not back to normal by any means but a good improvement since Sunday. It must have been his teeth because he refused to eat but the tiniest amounts until his dental.

Back