• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuit decided 3:45am was time to wake up... UD a quiet night :)

Yeah, he's not a happy bunny at that time of the night :( It's quite upsetting to see him so distressed. The odd thing is, he's absolutely fine at all other times, in fact they are both currently lying together after a 20 minute long mutual grooming session!

He's absolutely fine health wise, they both had a vet check-up the week before the bonding and yes, my vet is rabbit savvy, they have two exotics experts :) I've been very impressed with them so far.

They are moving into their new permanent home on Sunday earlyish AM, to give them the whole day to settle, as i won't be leaving the house at all, so can keep a close eye on them both.

I think i'll call my vet and get a checkup for them both booked for monday just to be on the safe side, unless something urgent occurs and i'll take them in immediately. Do you think thats an alright plan of action?

I wouldn't stress them with a vet check unless his behaviour continues and worries you. Your vets sound great, bonding sounds good, just see how it goes when they move home and take it from there. :):wave:

If they are eating and pooing fine, I would just go with the plan for the new accommodation on Sunday and I dont think he needs to see a vet. There has been no evidence of fighting has there? You may have to live with the foot stomping for the rest of the week.

My Daisy landed on my face and remained sitting there until I got up and gave her some pellets. It was 4.00 am. He may be trying to tell you something, but it might be as simple as I don't like my new small accommodation and want to run. Not long now until Sunday.

If they are eating and pooing fine, I would just go with the plan for the new accommodation on Sunday and I dont think he needs to see a vet. There has been no evidence of fighting has there? You may have to live with the foot stomping for the rest of the week.

My Daisy landed on my face and remained sitting there until I got up and gave her some pellets. It was 4.00 am. He may be trying to tell you something, but it might be as simple as I don't like my new small accommodation and want to run. Not long now until Sunday.

:wave: :)

Thanks Raine :)

I can handle the stomping, i think the OH has different thoughts on that though! :lol:

No fighting, never has been at all during the bond :)

Daisy landed ON your face? :lol: Sorry, i shouldnt laugh, but i have a mental image of a bunny instead of a head! :shock: :lol:

I think you are all probably right and he's just having a whinge.

They are just about to have their accomodation extended up here again, from 5x2.5 to 4x4 so from 12.5 sq ft to 16 sq feet, hopefully he'll cheer up a bit :)

Thanks again all, this is the whole reason i love RU :)

Thing is she wouldnt move and continued to sit on my face until I moved:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ginger sat on my OH's back for about 30 minutes a week or so ago, she just sat there and refused to move. OH said her chest was killing her afterwards. I had to laugh, but then got told "how would you like it if your boobs were squished to the floor like pancakes!" :lol:

My two have been waking me up in the small hours lately too. When I've got up, I've noticed the light is on in the communal hallway (there's a small window in my front door). The light is on a sensor so I wonder if my neighbour is working nightshifts or something and the light/noise is spooking them? I'm glad neither of them stamp though, that would be worse!

Two things:
Do you leave a light on at night? I know a few buns who thump repeatedly throughout the night and stopped when a nightlight or light down a corridor was left on for them at night time. Might be worth a try.

Second thing... yes learnt behaviour probably with a REAL trigger. So something spooks him or upsets him and he thumps, you come to see what is the matter - and he learns it gets your attention. However, if a bun is thumping repeatedly it is wise to see what is going on, crying wolf can sometimes be the real thing..... however, I would cease rewarding the behaviour with lovely yummy treats - he will very quckly learn that thump = treat! :D
I would just check from the doorway that all is ok and then leave again.

Just like children, really!

Just like children, really!

Yeah :lol:

Just shows how intelligent our little furry friends are :D I think a behaviour expert once put rabbits at about the cognitive level of a 2yr old ;)
Foot stamping when not getting own way is a lovely example! :lol:

Yeah :lol:

Just shows how intelligent our little furry friends are :D I think a behaviour expert once put rabbits at about the cognitive level of a 2yr old ;)
Foot stamping when not getting own way is a lovely example! :lol:

...and don't i know it! *yawn* :wave:

Vent closed and Night light on, no stamping last night! I got a whole 6 hours sleep - yay!

it would of been 7, but a bean bag fell ontop of me :shock:

Have gotten so used to my two jumping up on my side of the bed and occasionally landing on my face that I moved over in the bed to allow them space and me sleep, unfortunatley my OH paid the price and nearly fell out of bed as I had taken up all the space for the buns, we may need a bigger bed:lol: :lol:

Things we do for them :roll:

:thumb:

Have you got a ghost or something?:shock:

lol no, our bedroom is full of the stuff that is normally in the office, but the bunnies are taking up that space, so i put two bean bags (they are HUGE) on top of each other, somehow they fell off, probably just air movement etc, they weren't exactly stable:lol:

Thanks PL :)

lol no, our bedroom is full of the stuff that is normally in the office, but the bunnies are taking up that space, so i put two bean bags (they are HUGE) on top of each other, somehow they fell off, probably just air movement etc, they weren't exactly stable:lol:

Thanks PL :)

:lol: Sounds like my house! Boxes and furniture piled up in every room :roll: The bunnies muddling along as usual amongst it all. :)

I had a feeling it might be the light issue foremost - maybe experiment with vent open light on, and then vent closed light off and see what happens. I know a few buns who need a nightlight....odd but true :)

Just read the whole thread...bless Biccie - hoe he is ok! and Ginger just sleeping thorugh it all!:lol::love: and a beanbag falling on your head!:lol::lol::lol:

Not much to add but was funny comments....:lol::lol::lol:

Back