• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG No :( B&G just had a fight, literally, 2 minutes ago :( *sob* UD - Neutralisation

Damn it. Why did i not realise that :( That's VERY possible.

As a bonded pair though, won't they share new territory they find? I thought thats how it works, perhaps i've perceived it wrongly?

I guess i could try and neutralise upstairs as best i can with a bit of vinegar water and a quick wash of the carpet? :?

If they find it together, then yes, but if they find it separately, then not necessarily because they still are territorial animals.

He's been up there a lot without her which may mean he views it as his. would be worth a try neutralising it.

If they find it together, then yes, but if they find it separately, then not necessarily because they still are territorial animals.

He's been up there a lot without her which may mean he views it as his. would be worth a try neutralising it.

Okay. I'll make up some vinegar water and get spraying and scrubbing.

You might have saved me!

I never realised territory worked like that, even with a bonded pair.

I assumed if each of them found territory and it was marked by either they'd accept it.

Sorry they have had a fight Graham. Dont think I can add any useful advice, so just sending chillout vibes for them both. x

:( So sorry I missed this thread....and hope they dont fight any more...I know how it feels....my 2 girls now live seperatly until I can supervise play and will slowly increase the time till I trust them to be safe with each other again.....its upsetting to see proper fights....my 2 have had to get staples:(

I think youre right in neutralising upstairs.....and hope this works....Its so hard to let them sort it out....:?

Thinking of you all....a good thing is hopefully this does mean little G is feeling stronger :)

Well, hallway was TOTALLY neutralised yesterday evening (i didnt get a chance during the day)

Lots of vinegar, febreeze and carpet cleaner later, they are back to being free-range again.

So far, they've both flown up the stairs this morning (first time they've been allowed up since i cleaned it all) and at the top of the stairs, Biscuit became very cautious. Ears forward, slow hopping/walking forwards.

Ginger did similar and has now marked the entire hallway :lol: (Just poops thankfully that i can see) and both appear less agitated by each other up here.

Hopefully this has worked, and if it has, thank you SO MUCH for your suggestion Sky, i can't believe i didnt think of it :? Outside perception is great sometimes :thumb:

Lets see how things progress now.... :)

Okay, we definately have progress since the neutralisation!

P1040038Small.jpg

:love:

They've NEVER flopped out together up here. EVER.

Fingers crossed that Tracey hit the nail on the head then Gray!! Bunnies are funny little creatures aren't they! :love::love:

Hope everyting settles down Gray.

I'm always worried about my two as well. They have had two major fights, the first when we brought the Lymington bunnies home, which resulted in a vet visit. Then a few weeks later another lock-on scuffle in the lounge (but those other buns were long gone by then and had never even been out in the lounge), which could just hve been Widget feeling off colour, because like Ginger, she's had a snuffle for a while now. She also seems to be a bit better recently. This week I fould a few clumps of Sprocket's fur in the aviary on Tuesday morning, no obvious signs of injury and they have been cuddly with each other since then. So I'm hoping it was just a tiff, and haven't been overly concerned by it. I've never seen any humping but as I didn't see what happened (it was overnight) I'm not sure how bad of a scuffle it was. :?

Sprocket acts like a little puppy at times and seems very needy, always pestering Widget for grooming, which she is reluctant to provide. I think Widget just doesn't seem to be in the mood to play and maybe that is why she sometimes goes fo him? We're out all day at work so we only can really keep an eye on them during the evenings.

Last edited:
aw sorry to hear they had another fight but sounds like sky-O hit the nail on the head there!! what would we do without her!!

I wouldnt have thought territory works like that either but thinking about it now it does sound like that was the problem.

Buns are very complex creatures arent they, that we learn from every day :D
Vibes for plenty more landing snuggles :love:

Not quite :wave:

Gingers ear is up, Biccys is just flopped over Gingers body. She likes to snuggle in from behind and the side so his ear gets pushed up :love:

Shhhh I only meant in that photo Gray :lol:

Okay, we definately have progress since the neutralisation!

P1040038Small.jpg

:love:

They've NEVER flopped out together up here. EVER.

Glad it seems to have quietened down for you Graham and they bunnies do seem relaxed together on your pic.

Can't get over how much you Biscuit looks like my Princess!

Back