• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Diary: Biscuit & Ginger (GrahamL) - UD It's just love :) Moving in Sunday AM!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Bonding Diary: Biscuit & Ginger (GrahamL) - UD It's just love :) Moving in Sunday AM!

The Contestants

Biscuit & Ginger

Im nowhere near as scared as i thought i would be.

Saturday 16th October 2010

Got up at 6:15am, fed them both.

Got them both in a carrier (only took two minutes!) and then went for a car ride for 10 minutes.

Brought them both upstairs, into the 'bonding pen' and they didnt move for a minute or two, due to the stress of the car journey i expect.

Theres been chasing and humping - Biscuit has asserted himself as the 'dominant' one and Ginger just takes it, her heart rate barely increases from what i can see.

Biscuit's just flopped out on the fleeces on the vinyl so i think its going okay 16 minutes in!

Update: 08:31

bondinglaying.jpg

Is it going well?

Update: 09:20

We have grooming!

Biscuit is giving Gingers head a good going over!

Update: 10:05

bonding01.jpg

Update: 12:05

Well, we've had a little more chasing, a tiny bit of humping to put Ginger in her place after said chasing but im really happy so far. We've had LOTS of grooming from Biscuit on Ginger's head but none the other way yet. Ginger has been playing it cool, keeping quiet in a corner but they do snuggle happily and have been solidly snuggled for 5 minutes now, top and tail.

bonding02.jpg

Update: 14:20

Both have had noseys together but not ears back and sniffed now, Biscuit kept stopping Ginger getting up, as if she moved, he kind of lunged at her, just with his head and she immediately went straight to ground with her head as flat as possible. He left her alone after about 15 of these 'attempts' and they are now both hopping about a little eating hay and having a wash occasionally.

I'm so happy that they are both together, it looks like it was meant to be

Update: 18:31

Loads of grooming! Biscuit > Ginger.

He's grooming her head/eyes/nose and a tiny little bit of grooming her back!

Yay!

Update: 22:33

They are sat in a litter tray together nomming hay!

Yay!

Sunday 17th October, Update: 10:26

Well, this is going well, we've had a little snuggling and they are very comfortable together.

Had brekky together, no chasing, fighting or anything, just lots of nomming.

Pics of this morning;

Brekky;
bonding03.jpg

bonding04.jpg

bonding05.jpg

Ginger showing me how its done;
bonding06.jpg

Update: 13:24 - a big one!

We have mutual grooming!!

Update: 13:28

Excessive grooming by Ginger!

Video;

Update: 13:46

Flopping and snuggles!

bonding07.jpg

bonding08.jpg

bonding09.jpg

bonding10.jpg

bonding11.jpg

Monday 18th October, Update: 09:26

Well, we've had lots of snuggles, Biscuit still feels the need to hump her occasionally and we had one major humping session this morning, but most of the time, she just hops off as he tries and he lets her go and just eats.

All very quiet though and both are currently nomming on hay in the litter tray!

Update: 11:29

How cute!
bonding12.jpg

and

Biccy's a bit over zealous when grooming, lol. Ginger just gets up and moves if she doesnt like it though!

Update: 16:36

Comfy?
bonding13.jpg

Tuesday 19th October, Update: 09:42

Extended space from a 4 foot by 2 foot to a 5 foot by 2.5 foot.

My god, Biscuit loves it. He's just been doing hooge binkies! Problem is, that sets Ginger off, who then runs around like a maniac, which sets Biscuit off chasing.

This happened about 5 or 6 times and i've given them some readigrass in the middle to nom on to try and calm it all down, which seems to of worked wonders!

Picture of new area, pre binkies!

bonding14.jpg

Wednesday October 20th, Update: 10:40

Well, we've had only a tiny bit of humping, no chasing whatsoever for well over 14 hours now i think it is (im tired, due to Biscuit waking me at 3:45am...) and they both seem at total peace with each other. It's lovely!

So, a picture from late last night, well, this morning when i got out the fenugreek crunchies to stop Biccy stamping...

...and no, he wasn't humping her, just using her as a platform to get the first one..!

bonding15.jpg

Friday 22nd October, Update: 13:01

I'm going to be brave and say we have bonded bunnies!

bonding17.jpg

Ginger: Biccy, i wuv oo!
Biscuit: I loves yous toos Ginger!
*SMOOCH*

bonding18.jpg

Final update will be on Sunday AM - when they move in to their new home, back downstairs!

Last edited:
Good luch Gray! :wave:

.... and why are there no pictures of them together if it's been a whole 16 minutes?! Slacking! Get your camera out! :no:

It's looking very good. :love: Have you had your breakfast yet? I'm up earlier than usual but the down side is I'm on to my 3rd cup of tea already. :shock:

It's looking very good. :love: Have you had your breakfast yet? I'm up earlier than usual but the down side is I'm on to my 3rd cup of tea already. :shock:

no brekky yet, i forgot, i was so pre-occupied.

I've had coffee though but im scared to leave in case a fight breaks out and im not here to stop it :?

N'awwwh! Sounds like Cloud and Barley. They just clicked. They were out in Barley's old hutch before the end of day one, and they've been happy ever since. I hope the same will happen for B&G. :):love:

no brekky yet, i forgot, i was so pre-occupied.

I've had coffee though but im scared to leave in case a fight breaks out and im not here to stop it :?

I thought you would have forgotten! You must be STARVING! I'm going out soon, but will be back on late afternoon to catch up on progress. :wave: You should have had the forethought to fill a flask and place an emergency packet of ginger biscuits in the bonding room. :lol:

If you have a clean, non-bunny-stinked litter tray then chuck it in! I've always given my buns a litter tray when bonding.

i bought 3 brand new ones just for them :oops:

Big huge cat litter ones :) Not under bed storage box size about half one of those, as it wouldn't fit really.

I'll fill one up with newspaper and hay and through it in then :)

Yay sounds like its going AWESOME so far Gray :D Theres even been some snuggling :love: I think these two will settle down into married life very quickly!
So pleased for you, hope it continuez :wave:

ohh yayyyyyy Im so glad for you - I came on this mornng (sneakily at work) to see how your getting on!!!

Looks great to me - very good sign - grooming already :shock: It must be love! :love:

:D

Just be careful with litter trays in case one gets possessive or protective of it and claims it as their own. I'm sure it will be fine though.

:D

Just be careful with litter trays in case one gets possessive or protective of it and claims it as their own. I'm sure it will be fine though.

If they do it'll come straight out and i've got 2 spares for when i can put one in if it does happen that are both brand new, so never used. :)

Back