• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG No :( B&G just had a fight, literally, 2 minutes ago :( *sob* UD - Neutralisation

I hope it was just a one-off Gray. George and Gemma sometimes scrap a bit - but never draw blood - and my heart sinks, but they soon return to their usual snuggly ways.

Maybe Ginger is growing in confidence as she has so much of your attention now with her meds and she is trying to assert herself more with Biccy. Even the closest husbands and wives fall out sometimes (I believe, I have never been married) so perhaps bunny couples do too?

Well so far today, they've now been perfect ever since. Sharing litter trays, sharing food, running around like little fluffy maniacs, no repeat.

If it happens again, they are going on restricted territory for a couple of days.

It's so odd, and so scary, seeing Biccy really locked on. I never thought i'd see this with these two, they are always so close and NEVER away from each other :(

Oh im so sorry, I know how youre feeling because I felt exactly the same when my 4 started squabbling.. everything is perfect but now you have that doubt in your mind that it could happen again no matter how snuggley they are now! Just keep an eye on them..
Ive had locked on fighting and its horrendous to watch isnt it!!!

Sorry I have no advice but I know exactly how youre feeling right now ((hugs)) xxx

i hope they continue to be friends. it broke my heart when eric and esme fought badly enough to have to live separately.

Well so far so good. Nothing new at all, they've been their playful friendly selves and snuggling and binkying and hopping about together.

I pray it continues :)

Okay, i'm now going to have to refine them to the crate. They've just had another scrap, but again at the top of the stairs EXACTLY the same place to within 1ft of where it happened again.

I just dont get it. Last night and before were absolutely fine, playing around.

Been out since 6:30am and now at 8:50am we've had another scrap, LOADS of fur pulling and Ginger mounted Biscuit's head again, i seperated as i dont want her being bitten, but Biscuit just appeared to sit there and let it happen but i wasn't going to risk it.

He soon again flipped her around and humped her silly and now they appear back to normal, but i think refining to the crate is going to be the best idea, however badly they'll react to that :(

I'm going to take them for a car journey in about 10 minutes, to try and calm things down, as thats helped before if Biscuit gets a bit chasey and over humpy and has been recommened to me.

Oh dear Gray you must be quite upset about this :( I hope the crate & car journey do the trick and the little rascals are back to be loved up buns again :love: Thinking of you :wave:

sorry to hear they've had another scrap. do you think that the stairs area may smell of another animal that has lived there previously? (forgive me if i'm wrong but have they only recently been allowed upstairs?).

Aaw - they are really playing you up at the moment, aren't they? I hope the car journey and confining them to a smaller space helps.

Bunnies are such complicated little beings it's difficult to know what's going on for them.

Sending Biccy and Ginger lots of being good vibes!!!

sorry to hear they've had another scrap. do you think that the stairs area may smell of another animal that has lived there previously? (forgive me if i'm wrong but have they only recently been allowed upstairs?).

No chance of any other animals :wave: Not a hope heh.

And yes, only recently, as in a few days ago :wave:

They are now locked in the dog crate for a while, to calm it all down.

No chance of any other animals :wave: Not a hope heh.

And yes, only recently, as in a few days ago :wave:

They are now locked in the dog crate for a while, to calm it all down.

just wondered as when we moved last year, the previous tenant had 2 dogs and although she had left the carpets spotlessly clean, eric took ages to settle.

just wondered as when we moved last year, the previous tenant had 2 dogs and although she had left the carpets spotlessly clean, eric took ages to settle.

Ah, no pets been in this house before :wave: We're the 2nd tenants (its a new build) and the previous owners weren't allowed pets.

Is it possible Biccy views that top bit as his territory because he got there first and has had time up there, many times, without her? but now she can do it he feels she is invading?

Is it possible Biccy views that top bit as his territory because he got there first and has had time up there, many times, without her? but now she can do it he feels she is invading?

Damn it. Why did i not realise that :( That's VERY possible.

As a bonded pair though, won't they share new territory they find? I thought thats how it works, perhaps i've perceived it wrongly?

I guess i could try and neutralise upstairs as best i can with a bit of vinegar water and a quick wash of the carpet? :?

Back