• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus :(

Graciee

Staff member
I've just given him meds, but he's super unwell :(

He was fine literally a couple hours ago, he took food as normal, but he's in so much pain all of a sudden, he's sucking in more than I've ever seen him do and belly pressing, he honestly looks terrible :(

I'm hoping the loxicom and tramadol will kick in super fast but I'm so worried about him :'( if he doesn't seem any better in 30 mins ima take him to an out of hours for vetergesic, I don't think this level of pain is okay, honestly never seen him like this before.

Any vibes would be appreciated x

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I really hope that Atticus starts to feel better soon. Sending him loads of vibes.

Thanks everyone. I swear these episodes are getting worse every time with him :(

I'm not having the best night, me, Michael and Evelyn seem to have some kinda sickness bug, and now two rabbits need medication and aren't well. Honestly if Apricot or Clementine decide to join us all Idk what ima do [emoji58]

Really sorry Graciee, sending a million vibes for Atticus, Willoughby too, and I hope you, Michael and Evelyn feel better soon xx

Well I've not gone to bed yet, been giving splatticus fluids and just being around wondering if we'll need to dash out.. And omg so much diarrhea! Which is good tbh, he's not good still but he's lost a lot so far, so I'm really hopeful that we've caught it early and his body is just getting rid. He's not throwing himself about anymore either so that's good. He also took a treat and has eaten hay! I'm gunna got to bed soon I think although Evelyn is up with a temperature, Michael has been with her [emoji51] so need to sort that out too, but I'm feeling so much better about him, just praying it continues!

Thanks everyone x

Oh, no, I'm so sorry Atticus has been so unwell. Poor boy. :( I'm really glad that it sounds like he's getting rid of stuff and feeling better and eating. Sending him so, so many vibes, and sending vibes for you and Evelyn and Michael, too.

It's too bad they all come back to back.. One by one I send vibrations for Atticus, Clementine, Willoughby :( xxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone for thinking of us xx

A picture for your viewing pleasure [emoji38] starting to not be liquid now! He's eating hay like crazy bless him, I keep having to put more hay in, I've never seen him eat so much for such a long time without a break, hopefully that's a good sign!
a5957569422f10d86eb75e1af545d2c8.jpg

Thanks for that Mr Splaticcus, I didn’t want this chocolate biscuit anyway :lol:

So glad that he seems to be getting through this episode x

Back