• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Yellowy-whitish lump on eye

Hi there, was wondering if anyone coul dhelp before we can make it to the vet

This morning i spotted something unusual on Lunas eye. Its like a raised whiteish lump, right on her pupil. Shes absolutely fine in herself and nothing else is different. Could if just be irritated from a bit of hay or something? Ive never seen anything like it. Its quite a few millimetres across and you can see it from a distance

Any ideas?

Thanx

You need to work out whether its something growing on the eye, or whether it's a foreign object that's got stuck.

Try making her blink her eyelid to see if it moves around.

Oh i forgot to mention i checked to see if it moved and it doesnt. Ive tried to make her blink loads...have just spoken to my husband who says he noticed it there last night too and it didnt move then either:?

ulcer, conjunctivitus, abcess, cateracts...its very hard to know without a piccy and even then i wouldnt want to guess but i woudl certainatly take to vet just to be on safe side!

Back