• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Large lump on face

May Allah grant you to always receive such good news. :) Thank Allah. :) Now I'm waiting for news of you two getting better together. :)

May Allah grant you to always receive such good news. :) Thank Allah. :) Now I'm waiting for news of you two getting better together. :)
Thank you for all your support. You have been a good friend throughout all of this [emoji175]

Yes maybe I will feel better now I am not stressed and worrying about Mischief and he will sense that I am happier too and get better. It would be so lovely to finally have all of us in the family well and healthy [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone! [emoji175]

Yes there could not be a better outcome [emoji3]

Some more good news...the sudocrem has healed the skin on his neck almost completely overnight. It is brilliant stuff. I think the white film was where he dribbled so much on the way home from the vets and this has dried. The white being the salt in it. I can't know for sure but it is healing well.

I will give it a clean with boiled water in a day or 2 when he is not sore anymore. He is still not very happy with me touching it although he was better when I put the sudocrem on tonight.

We are reducing amount of apple juice/water we give him now to 10 mls twice a day to encourage him to drink on his own now his neck looks better. We will stop it once his neck looks completely healed as I think he may be getting lazy about drinking for himself.

His poops are looking nice and big now with a fluffy inside. Probably from all the lovely hay he is eating! He absolutely loves the Timothy hay! [emoji16]

Mischief has been through a lot of hard times in a row. I really appreciate that you both are able to deal with this. But now it's time to regain your health together. :)

Thank you for all your support. You have been a good friend throughout all of this [emoji175]

Yes maybe I will feel better now I am not stressed and worrying about Mischief and he will sense that I am happier too and get better. It would be so lovely to finally have all of us in the family well and healthy [emoji8]

I'm always with you :)

Mischief has been through a lot of hard times in a row. I really appreciate that you both are able to deal with this. But now it's time to regain your health together. :)
Now hopefully I can relax more and will feel better again [emoji4] xxx

What a lovely update on Mischief. My little bunnies can be quite resistant to receiving some care, so I give you and your OH a lot of credit for his improvement.

What a lovely update on Mischief. My little bunnies can be quite resistant to receiving some care, so I give you and your OH a lot of credit for his improvement.
Thank you. Mischief is such a good boy. I think he has become very tolerant due to having to give him a lot of treatment when he was ill earlier this year. He is doing so well now.

His neck looks so much better and he has lost a bit of weight due to his better diet. He is running about more more and started to do little binkies about the place. Plus he is now drinking from the bottle again properly.

We are very happy with how he has come on. The hard work has paid off [emoji4] xx

Thank you. Mischief is such a good boy. I think he has become very tolerant due to having to give him a lot of treatment when he was ill earlier this year. He is doing so well now.

His neck looks so much better and he has lost a bit of weight due to his better diet. He is running about more more and started to do little binkies about the place. Plus he is now drinking from the bottle again properly.

We are very happy with how he has come on. The hard work has paid off [emoji4] xx

So pleased to hear that he is doing well now :D

I'm really happy for Mischief. :) Do you know, I still keep praying for him. :) I won't stop praying for Mischief until I hear he's fully recovered. I hope Mischief has a long and healthy life. :)

I'm really happy for Mischief. :) Do you know, I still keep praying for him. :) I won't stop praying for Mischief until I hear he's fully recovered. I hope Mischief has a long and healthy life. :)
Thank you so much! He is almost completely healed now. He has a scar still on his neck but the area where he was shaved is much better now and the fur is growing back again [emoji4]

However he looks very comical. He has lost fur on his face due to moulting but not the top of his head or around his eyebrows. It looks very strange poor little love. I won't post a picture as I feel it is mean of me to do that. But trust me he looks very weird right now!

He has also lost fur around his neck so looks like he is wearing a fur coat [emoji38] Bless him. It's probably why he is grumpy. He threatened to bite my arm this week which is so unlike him. I think it must be due to the moulting as his neck is so much better now.

He loves Lillabelle so much. He keeps trying to dig under her cage to get close to her. We took the barriers away to see how they get on and they just touch noses for ages like they are in love and eat hay together with the cage between them. We have seen no grumpiness or aggression whatsover. Even when Lillabelle steals his toys and hay through the cage! [emoji38]

It's looking good for their bonding. He is now safe from his neutering but we are waiting until his stitches have gone and the scar is healed so possibly another 2 weeks? Plus he is moulting so he can get moody. We want to be sure there is no reason for them to argue so we could need to wait as long as 2-4 weeks.

What are others opinions on this? Are we best to wait or bond them sooner? I am not experienced with this at all xx

Thank you so much! He is almost completely healed now. He has a scar still on his neck but the area where he was shaved is much better now and the fur is growing back again [emoji4]

However he looks very comical. He has lost fur on his face due to moulting but not the top of his head or around his eyebrows. It looks very strange poor little love. I won't post a picture as I feel it is mean of me to do that. But trust me he looks very weird right now!

He has also lost fur around his neck so looks like he is wearing a fur coat [emoji38] Bless him. It's probably why he is grumpy. He threatened to bite my arm this week which is so unlike him. I think it must be due to the moulting as his neck is so much better now.

He loves Lillabelle so much. He keeps trying to dig under her cage to get close to her. We took the barriers away to see how they get on and they just touch noses for ages like they are in love and eat hay together with the cage between them. We have seen no grumpiness or aggression whatsover. Even when Lillabelle steals his toys and hay through the cage! [emoji38]

It's looking good for their bonding. He is now safe from his neutering but we are waiting until his stitches have gone and the scar is healed so possibly another 2 weeks? Plus he is moulting so he can get moody. We want to be sure there is no reason for them to argue so we could need to wait as long as 2-4 weeks.

What are others opinions on this? Are we best to wait or bond them sooner? I am not experienced with this at all xx

Poor Mischief, he will soon regain his handsome appearance. :)

I was very surprised how easily his bounding with Lilabelle were established, Mischief seems really kind and gentlemanly. :)

This is so wonderful to hear. :love: Well done, Mischief. :love:

Back