• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Large lump on face

Poor Mischief, he will soon regain his handsome appearance. :)

I was very surprised how easily his bounding with Lilabelle were established, Mischief seems really kind and gentlemanly. :)
Mischief is very sweet. He lies by her cage every day. However he is becoming a pain. He keeps trying to dig the carpet behind her cage thinking he could somehow bury his way in. He has ate the carpet. And he keeps squeezing himself down the back of her cage and lying there.

I pulled her cage out today and now he has realised the cage is the same all the way around! [emoji23] xxx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Mischief is very sweet. He lies by her cage every day. However he is becoming a pain. He keeps trying to dig the carpet behind her cage thinking he could somehow bury his way in. He has ate the carpet. And he keeps squeezing himself down the back of her cage and lying there.

I pulled her cage out today and now he has realised the cage is the same all the way around! [emoji23] xxx

Aaa Are they staying with Lilabelle now, are they no longer caged?

Aaa Are they staying with Lilabelle now, are they no longer caged?
They are both in their own cages but we let them out seperately. They can touch each other through the bars if we don't put barriers around the cage. When I am there to watch them we don't put barriers there now.

They are fine together. They bump noses to say hello and sniff each other but show no negative feelings like aggression or growling. I can feed them both together with one in the cage and one outside and they show no jealousy over food. They have even shared hay and herbs through the cage xx

They are both in their own cages but we let them out seperately. They can touch each other through the bars if we don't put barriers around the cage. When I am there to watch them we don't put barriers there now.

They are fine together. They bump noses to say hello and sniff each other but show no negative feelings like aggression or growling. I can feed them both together with one in the cage and one outside and they show no jealousy over food. They have even shared hay and herbs through the cage xx

I think it looks like they're starting to be friends now :)

Mischief has lost 0.4 kgs in last 6 weeks. He has been on a strict diet with no treats or fruit/carrot except a third of a Science Selective stick or a loop each day. Lots of green veggies and herbs instead plus high quantities of good quality meadow and timothy hay. And some dried leaves, roots and sticks recently. Plus a tiny amount of Excel pellets.

I feel he is probably about right now. He still has a bit too much tummy but he is moulting at the moment plus I am thinking we are bonding them at the weekend so he could be quite active [emoji23]

Does that seem like a lot of weight loss in that time? I know they are not meant to lose it too quickly but he has lost 0.2 kgs in 2 weeks! I was quite shocked at that.

Back