• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about my unwell rabbit thats had a sticky bottom

I am so sorry to find out Caramel has passed away, rabbit do go downhill fast, and you have tried your best in the past days and it's small comfort that Caramel passed away in your arms in your home, as I also thought that is important.

Get yourself a rehome bun in your area to refill the energy in your home, many rabbits are waiting for months in a small living area inside a rescue center, waiting for a good home.

here's a list of rescue center in UK

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

or go to the Rabbit In NEED section and see who's available

Or post in the rabbit in need section, many members w/ rescue centers will response to you

If you can't find a rescue center in your area, some members here wiil do a bunny run and deliver to your place.

I am very sorry :cry:

I have known of cases where Rabbits in Renal Failure get nasty mouth ulcers which become infected. I think your Vet's diagnosis was correct. I know it wont bring little Caramel back but knowing 'why' he passed may help you come to terms with your loss.

Binky Free Caramel

xx

I am very sorry :cry:

I have known of cases where Rabbits in Renal Failure get nasty mouth ulcers which become infected. I think your Vet's diagnosis was correct. I know it wont bring little Caramel back but knowing 'why' he passed may help you come to terms with your loss.

Binky Free Caramel

xx

Yes I have seen some very nasty tongue ulcers from renal disease.

Thank you all

Thank you all for you kind support and help im very greatful.

i have just cleaning his hutch out and all his stuff ready for another rabbit that i will get in a couple of weeks. Im planning on getting a rabbit from a rehoming center, this time i will get 2 bum as last time i only had one and sometimes he seemed lonely and every where i have read its better having more than one.

So if anyone is in the maidstone area that has any buns that need rehoming and there is a pair then im looking. I will post this in a rabbits in need section as well. if there is anything please do PM me or leave a message once i have posted it.

Thanks again

Aw, it is very sad for you to have lost Caramel and I am sure he will approve of you give two new little ones a lovely loving home.

I'm sure you will be able to find two monsters to keep you occupied when you are ready.

Don't forget, some rescues will arrange bunny runs on here too.

Back