• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So much peeing!

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
This isn't really a problem I'm looking for a solution for; I just want to complain. 🤣 Since Sophie has been unwell for a while now, Casper thinks he should be the boss bunny. Sophie doesn't agree. 🤣 The result is regular humping on both sides, and they pee so much on their beds and rugs! I'll put a clean bed down for them, and within 15 minutes it will have been peed on several times! I mentioned it to the vet this past week, but since they're only peeing on and around their beds and the litter trays, and they're peeing normally in the litter trays themselves, it doesn't seem to be a bladder issue, and the vet didn't seem concerned. I know it's something they have to figure out for themselves, and hopefully when Sophie's back to her normal self things will calm down, but it the meantime I'm getting a bit tired of all the washing. I did two loads today and only didn't do a third one because I thought it was going to rain (I need sunshine for drying and for my solar panels so all the washing doesn't cost a fortune!)

By the way, j&b, the beds you made cope really well with being washed a lot; I'm impressed. 🤣

oh dear 🤣 its annoying when they choose urine as the their means of expressing themselves, if only they could settle their differences with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. I do feel your pain though. When they are elderly it'd feel mean to withdraw their comforts, so I'm glad your not looking for solutions as I'm not sure there are any. I'm glad the beds I made are standing up to all the laundry at least

It is annoying when bunnies use pee as ammunition, yet like J&B says, when they are old you hate to take things away that give them comfort.

Oh dear, I hope the peeing stops soon, but pleased to hear that the beds are holding up OK ☺️ Sort yourselves out bunnies !

Hahaha omg In Turkish, this is called "p.ssing contest". This was always used in a figurative sense, but this is the first time I see people using it literally hahaha 😂😂😂

oh dear 🤣 its annoying when they choose urine as the their means of expressing themselves, if only they could settle their differences with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. I do feel your pain though. When they are elderly it'd feel mean to withdraw their comforts, so I'm glad your not looking for solutions as I'm not sure there are any. I'm glad the beds I made are standing up to all the laundry at least
Rock, Paper, Scissors would be much better than all this peeing. 🤣 But, yeah, I'm definitely not going to take away their rugs and beds. Hopefully they'll just figure it out soon and everything will go back to normal.

It is annoying when bunnies use pee as ammunition, yet like J&B says, when they are old you hate to take things away that give them comfort.
Yeah, exactly. They need their comfortable beds at this age. I just don't understand why they want to sleep in them after covering them in pee. 🤨

Oh dear, I hope the peeing stops soon, but pleased to hear that the beds are holding up OK ☺️ Sort yourselves out bunnies !
Thank you, Pets mum. Today wasn't as bad, so hopefully they're getting closer to sorting themselves out!

Hahaha omg In Turkish, this is called "p.ssing contest". This was always used in a figurative sense, but this is the first time I see people using it literally hahaha 😂😂😂
That's hilarious. They are having a literal peeing contest, you're right. 🤣

If your bunny is peeing a lot I'd get him/her vet checked.

Give him/her plenty of hay.

I lost my bunny Lacey to kidney failure and she peed a lot.

Sophie's been feeling a lot better this week, and things are more settled between her and Casper now, so there's a lot less peeing everywhere! In the past 3 days, they've had 2 days where they didn't pee on their beds, and yesterday they hadn't peed on any rugs, either! So, it's nice that most of it is going in the litter trays again. Although, I have to say, I'm sitting with them in their room now, and (after the room was cleaned this afternoon) there are poops everywhere, but not a single poop in the litter tray. 🤣

Sophie's been feeling a lot better this week, and things are more settled between her and Casper now, so there's a lot less peeing everywhere! In the past 3 days, they've had 2 days where they didn't pee on their beds, and yesterday they hadn't peed on any rugs, either! So, it's nice that most of it is going in the litter trays again. Although, I have to say, I'm sitting with them in their room now, and (after the room was cleaned this afternoon) there are poops everywhere, but not a single poop in the litter tray. 🤣
🤣 As soon as bunnies get the vibe you intend to clean I swear they save up all their poops til everywhere is looking nice, in our eyes anyway,

Good to hear their peeing is really minimal now. Bunny poop is definitely preferable to clean up IMO. I get lots of practice with cleaning up both, its pretty much all old lady Boo though.

🤣 As soon as bunnies get the vibe you intend to clean I swear they save up all their poops til everywhere is looking nice, in our eyes anyway,

Good to hear their peeing is really minimal now. Bunny poop is definitely preferable to clean up IMO. I get lots of practice with cleaning up both, its pretty much all old lady Boo though.
I'm convinced that that is what they do, yes. 🤣

I definitely agree; I don't mind the poop as much. Old lady Boo sure keeps you busy. ❤️

I'm just doing a last load of bunny washing this morning and then I'll have finally caught up on all the rugs and beds they peed on these last few weeks. 🤣

Glad the bunnies have got their peeing under control now, and yes poops much easier to deal with ☺️ hope the washing is soon sorted and you can put your feet up Reader xx

Glad the bunnies have got their peeing under control now, and yes poops much easier to deal with ☺️ hope the washing is soon sorted and you can put your feet up Reader xx
Thank you, Pets mum. 😊 The washing is done, so I finally don't have a mountain of dirty rugs and bunny beds in my washing room anymore!

Back