• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep tight beautiful Benjie

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Our beautiful Benjie, you very sadly had to leave us today to go to the bridge & we still can't believe you've gone our little fella :cry: We adopted you last August as a new husbun for Bracken, who had sadly been left a widow by her beloved Barney. You were about 6 years old - we didn't know you're real age, as your previous 'owner' didn't really care that much about you sweetheart sadly :cry::cry::cry:

You were both smitten straight away with other & never far from each other's company. You started to be poorly a few weeks ago & we thought we were dealing with a bad case of snuffles at first, but after 3 weeks of antibiotics & several other injections - we realised last night it was more than that. Especially after you had been weeing yourself & had mucus coming from your bottom :cry::cry::cry:

Jane our vet xrayed you this morning & we found that you had a mass in your abdomen & your bladder & stomach were no longer working properly. On top of that you also had an infection in your lungs & a small mass near your heart.

Mummy & Daddy decided the kindest thing was to let you go to the bridge, where you would no longer be in any pain or suffering :cry: We're both gutted you've gone, but will always love you - we will of course take very special care of your widow Bracken.

Say hello to all our other bunny children at the bridge - tell them we both still love you all very much. Sleep tight our little man, lots of love Mummy, Daddy & Bracken xxxx

DSCF2220-1.jpg

DSCF2387.jpg

DSCF2153.jpg

So sorry that your time together was so short.

At least he knew true happiness.

Rest in peace Benjie Bun.

:cry: im so sorry for your loss. he was a lovely bunny and sooo well loved.....

a touching tribute..im in tears again.......

poor bracken..shes lost two husbuns so close together:(

he may have only been with you for the time you had but it was more than enough for love to be given and received.....so beautifully.

binky free little benjie..say hi to our bandit too for us..xxx

Thank you everyone, your thoughts & kind words are really appreciated & do help. I've not been able to sleep for thinking about Benjie & keep asking myself did I do the right thing? I know in all honesty that I did, but it doesn't make it any easier :cry: I can't help but feel it was so unfair for him, when he had finally found happiness & the love of a beautiful bunny wifelet. Bless her Bracken has been a widow 3 times now in 2 years :cry: she must be wondering what on earth she's done to deserve this :cry::cry::cry:

Sleeptight Benjie,free from any more pain .....noserubs to Bracken and hugs to you Denise you did the kindest thing for Benjie .xx

I'm so sorry Denise, I'm sure you made the right decision for Benjie. He was such a sweetheart and his last months with you must have been very happy ones. Sleep tight sweet boy. xx

:cry::cry::cry:

Oh he is so like my Hamish who passed away in January last year....I am so sorry, it is so hard when they have to say good-bye. :cry:

Thanks so much everyone, Bracken seems a little better today thankfully & seems to be coping without Benjie. She is still in with Harry & Ruby at the moment, but I'm a bit worried that Ruby might bully her - as she can be a right stroppy madam when she want's to be & Benjie could stand his ground with Ruby :cry:

So think next week, I am going to bond Bracken with Eve & eventually put both of them in with our group of 6 - Mimi, Minnie, Teddy, Tiny Tim, Libby & Poppy - all being well. Fingers crossed it all works, all the girlies are very laid back & placid, as is Teddy - although Tiny Tim is a bit of a handfull :roll: The littlest bunny of all, but with the biggest attitude & chip on his bunny shoulders ever :shock::lol:

Back