• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ratty Haven Faces Closer - Animals need homes ASAP

Siobhan,
I'm just of the M3 (Bagshot J3) so could help with a bunny/rat run if required - just holler!!!

I can't help with any of the bunnies, but I echo the suggestion of getting in touch with your local paper. A small article could highlight the plight of these animals, bring foward a few bunny adopters, maybe raise some cash, and might help convince the council that you're performing a worthwhile service. Especially if special mention is made of the cruelty cases. They can hardly condone their own constituents mistreating animals while they shut down the local rescue centre. Councils tend to do anything for an easy life. It could be a neighbour has kicked up a fuss, so kick up a bigger fuss.

hi,

What I really need at present is perminate homes for the bunnies as they are my biggest worry as if the worst happens rats can be moved indoors. It could well all be fine and all the animals will be fine.

In respect of the person who offered Violet a home I didn't get back to you just incase she produced babies I was owrried about travelling her long distance if she was pregnant well she wasn't and then turned into the rabbit from monty python so I am wating funds to spay her, which I was hoping would calm her. She is in a 8ft hutch at present but is slowly breaking it grr.

I have a few people meant to be getting back to me about rabbits so I hope it will all work out. I will keep you all updated

I'm so sorry to hear this as just the worry of this must be devastating for you - I'm unable to offer a perm. home I'm afraid but just to say I can help out with transport if any of the rescues can take any of these poor bunsters.

Could the the leg from Bristol to Midlands so just yell if I can help anyone.

This is awful, I really hope that they give permission and you are able to continue the great work you do..

I am in Andover, Hants so am not too far from you. Although I cannot take any animals as I do not have space I will be more than happy to take part in any bunny runs needed to get these animals to homes further away.

Just PM me if I can be any help.

Jules said:
This is awful, I really hope that they give permission and you are able to continue the great work you do..

I am in Andover, Hants so am not too far from you. Although I cannot take any animals as I do not have space I will be more than happy to take part in any bunny runs needed to get these animals to homes further away.

i think you will find jules that andover is miles apon miles away from devon!

bunnylove said:
Jules said:

Not really. Down the A303 it is about 2 hours. By taking part in the bunny run I meant possible going down the Exeter or someone geting them to me and me moving them up the country.

I was only trying to be of help :D

Jules said:
bunnylove said:
Jules said:

Not really. Down the A303 it is about 2 hours. By taking part in the bunny run I meant possible going down the Exeter or someone geting them to me and me moving them up the country.

I was only trying to be of help :D

i wasnt being rude i just imagined devon to be hours away from andover, i was in andover just last weekend and it toke me 2 hours just to get there!

No probs bunnylove.

I also have family who live in Devon and pass Exeter on their way to me. I could maybe get them to help - they are due a visit soon :lol: :lol:

Siobhan - Have you tried contacting citizens advise to see if they can help you in any way. Probally not but worth a try.

BILLY

post-188-1100709479.jpg

JACKIE

jackie.JPG

PARSLEY

post-188-1104671802.jpg

THYME

post-188-1104671881.jpg

EWOR

ewor.JPG

sorry to hear about this Siobhan. If it's of any use in transporting I'm going to Warminster (wilts) sometime in the next week and a half and will be then going to Reading(berks) and back to Warminster then on up home to Leicester..so if that fits in with any prospective bunny run just let me know..Jill

So sorry to hear this, I can help with bunny runs and if the worse comes to the worst, I will foster a couple of buns untill places become availble at a rescue, but unfortunetly I wont be able to offer a permanent home. will help as much as I can.

X X X

Hi, I'm Kate's daughter. I said that 8 rabbits was enough, but i read this post and I'm having second thoughts... If Parsley and Thyme are nicely bonded and they get on nicely with other rabbits then I can't see a problem. I think that the council is awful and strongly backs my views on the fact the country needs to do something about the way they treat animals. I would be happy ( I know that it means that my room will taken over..) to help. I can't stand the idea that so many little bunnies might have to be put down.
Good luck
:p

I've got the computer controls back now :?

Seriously as soon as I saw the details of Parsley and Thyme I thought they might be ideal companions for Tarragon and somehow they just felt right. Having seen their pictures I thought it even more but I needed to talk it over with my daughter. I'd hardly finished when she took over the computer, results above.

They might have homes already but if they don't then we'll take them. We already have three very shy of humans rabbits, and they live happily here. I'll willingly give any details you need, but I'm probably a bit far from everyone for a home check - I'm willing to have one though :) .

I can get as far as Bristol, further if need be, but if they could be got to there I'd be very grateful.

Let me know if this is any use. I feel so sad for you. I'm hoping to build an extension for my rabbits as soon as I can (my daughter's room's big but she is being rather taken over, as all the cages are at least 6'4'' by 2'10'' and the rabbits are loose in shifts), ironically I have the planning permission but not the actual cash.

Retrospective planning permission is often granted so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow you'll find the money and get it approved.

Big hug

Hi Kate

here are the details on Parsley and Thyme from the pet rescue site :D

Name/s: Parsley & Thyme
Sex: Does
Colour/Type: Black
These two girls were removed by the RSPCA as they were not being cared for. They are nervous grils but once they get to know you are happy to have cuddles. They are looking for a home together and are currently living in the rabbit shed with other rabbits.

I would email or pm Siobhan just in case she misses this :wink:

Back