• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

*panics* July 6th - eating, not lots, but eating. Behaviour awful.

How is the gorgeous Biccy doing today Graham??? Hope hes nomming normally again now, we've got all fingers and paws crossed for him here xxx

Nomming vibes for all your buns, Graham, Karen and Suchuette. How are they all doing this morning?

How is he?

If it's his toofs, maybe try him on something soft that doesn't require too much chewing? I've never seen a crunchie but I should imagine that they could be soaked in a little water for him.

Hope he's feeling better today.

:wave:

He's eating 'okay' - still refusing lots of 'normal' things, but is eating pellets and grass and has had a nibble of some hay and had a few leaves of hawthorn. He's eating hawthorn as i type this.

I'm really worried that its his teeth. His poops look alright right now, but his behaviour is attrotious (sp?). His digging is out of control, he destroyed all 3 litter trays overnight/this morning. This is exactly how he was just before his first dental :cry:

Calling into the vets this morning to make an appt :cry:

If its tooth roots, what are the procedures? I will make another thread in health :(

I can't handle Biscuit being ill, its totally different to Ginger. He's been my rock for the last 12 months through everything :(

Crikey Gray :( I hope things can be ID'd and sorted quickly. Brilliant that he's eating more normally though, at least he has a full tummy now :)

Continued vibes for him x

I'm glad he's eating, and hopefully it's something straightforward if it is his teeth i.e they need burring rather than root type problems.

It's always worse when the normally healthy one is poorly isn't it, you get used to it with certain buns so when the other one gets something it's more of a shock.

Good luck at the vets :wave:

He's eating 'okay' - still refusing lots of 'normal' things, but is eating pellets and grass and has had a nibble of some hay and had a few leaves of hawthorn. He's eating hawthorn as i type this.

I'm really worried that its his teeth. His poops look alright right now, but his behaviour is attrotious (sp?). His digging is out of control, he destroyed all 3 litter trays overnight/this morning. This is exactly how he was just before his first dental :cry:

Calling into the vets this morning to make an appt :cry:

If its tooth roots, what are the procedures? I will make another thread in health :(

I can't handle Biscuit being ill, its totally different to Ginger. He's been my rock for the last 12 months through everything :(

Yes you can because you have no choice but to.

We're with you Gray.

Can I join the 5th of July (slash 6th July) stasis bunnies thread? :( No need to tell you with who, I bet you can guess. :?

:(:(:( I hope things are better this morning.

Best of luck at the vets Gray; you will get through this for Biscuit. xxx

Glad to read that Biccy is nomming. Hope the vet visit goes well. It is so scary when buns stop eating.

Sending more vibes for Biccy xxxxx

As former owner of a couple of dental buns...as distressing as it is, it's not the worst thing. Vet will just give him a burr, and he'll feel so much better for it afterwards. He'll be back to terrorising you for crunchies before you know it!

I know it's not nice for anyone, but this is someone speaking who had a bun who was so very, very dental that my Mum and I used to have to cut his incisors ourselves pretty much weekly.

NOTE. We had this bun (Jasmine) 17 years ago. His teeth were maligned so badly that the vet sold us the proper clippers and we did it under his supervision before doing so ourselves. Burring was not the technique used in those days so it's what we did. Not nice, but better than a suffering bun

Hope vets goes well.

:wave:

Hope you manage to get to the bottom of Biscuit's problems and he can get back to normal quickly xx

Back