• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OUCH!!!

haha, I'm with you on that! I just wonder how my buns are going to react to the water, yikes! oh well, I'll give it a try and tell you guys how it goes. If it goes ok, romy, you might want to give it a try!

Charliesangel said:
haha, I'm with you on that! I just wonder how my buns are going to react to the water, yikes! oh well, I'll give it a try and tell you guys how it goes. If it goes ok, romy, you might want to give it a try!
I don't think you necessarily have to put water in unless they seem comfortable with the surroundings without it. I think the slippery surface of the bath might be enough to upset most buns because they can't walk on it properly. But maybe try it both ways and see how you go :D. Let us know what happens so we know whether to give it a go too !! :D

Romy, I am beside myself thinking that you may think you are not a special bunny mum. You took on Bridget cos you are such a wonderful loving bunny person. Bridget was in dire need, overweight and not neutered coming from a home where she was not understood or appreciated at all. I very rarely let bunnies go in this condition but I really, and truely believe you to be such a special bunny person. I do not normally trust people to take on such a task, only people I have known through this forum 'cos you are so, so special!! You have seen normal bunny behaviour, that is all. Please do not beat yourself up, they are little monkeys and it is just normal.

Lots of love to you, Alice x x x

P.S. Just another thought. One of my buns, Gulliver, is going to the vets tomorrow with, what I think is an abcess. I am by no means an expert but I was awke in the early hours worrying incase I did something wrong. I know something, the best thing that has happened to Bridget in her life is you. Alice x x x

I think your just officially a mommy, complete with all the worrying :D Your not making a fuss, we all love Darcy (he's such a cutie) so feel free to share your worries with us anytime :D

Tam

Tamsin said:
I think your just officially a mommy, complete with all the worrying :D Your not making a fuss, we all love Darcy (he's such a cutie) so feel free to share your worries with us anytime :D

Tam

definately Romy !!!Its such a rotten thing to see bunnies fighting - you just dont realise such aggression can be in fluffy cute, creatures !!! It seems hard to take things slowly but it really is for the best - for your nerves too. I felt so bad after discovering Otis's damaged eyelid and that was only after 5 mins with two of us to seperate them & Ella has a couple of scratches on her shoulders after Otis turned on her when Coco was outside their cage - so as someone else suggested have a good check over both of them just to be on the safe side.

Thanks so much everyone. I don't know why I got myself so upset about it all. I feel loads better having read your messages. I think I got myself into a false sense of security thinking all the theory of having two bunnies and "oh yes I'll do this and that" and then it all flew out the window or flew with the fur!!

I'm going to check them both over properly tonight when I get home and have another go at cleaning Bridget's bum...with Lanvendar on the towels (thanks Adele) around her and some more Rescue Remedy (tho I'll probably swig the bottle myself at this rate!! :roll: :lol: ).

Thanks again xxxx

...after all my silly crying last night :oops: :oops: today my eyes are so puffy I look like an albino Kermit the Frog!! :shock: :lol:

Roomy dont be sill we all get emotional we wouldnd care if we were not that kind of person. It happens to us all at sometime or another.U are having problems now but u will gat through them in the end. Even apart your buns are in a loving home thats whats important. best of luck. xx :)

ahhhh I would get emotional too Romy, you feel it is such a responsibility and that when things go wrong it is your fault.............now we never wanna hear you say you are a bad bunny mommy again ok! As everyone has said you took on Bridget and you are taking a lot of time to get her back to full health! Keep up the good work and be strong. As others have said this is what bunnies do and it may happen again in future but you have to not blame yourself :D :wink:

Hey Romy, just a thought, surely you can get special leave for adoption purposes nowadays! Poor old Gulliver appears to have an abcess on his chest. He gruffed and flailed at the vet, then did the same to me, then I gave him a bit of guinea pig food to calm his nerves! He spent most of the rest of the day watching the ducks and glaring at me! His abcess is in a really tricky place, under one of his nipples so it going to be a tricky one to treat, but luckily he is just getting on with it all and treating me with his usual disdain! Alice

Hia Alice!! I'm sorry to hear about poor Gulliver! What is an absess? Is it treatable?

No I can't get adoption time off :lol: everyone laughs at me already for having taken a weeks holiday for rabbit bonding :oops:

I have to say its been great tonight. Darcy is in the living room and Bridget in the kitchen. I've spent time cuddling and fussing them separately and there has been no attacking through the bars!!! :D I think they're terrified that I'll will break down in tears and slobber all over them again!! :oops: :lol: :lol: I'm not letting them near eachother again for a month at least.

Bridget has always nudged me and demanded attention but tonight for the first time she started licking me! I'm feeling very special tonight!! :D

Romy, Bridget is obviously so very bonded to you already. For her to be licking you so soon, she really loves you.
Gulliver's abcess may be due to a bite. It is an area of pus that builds up behind a wound and they can be hellers to cure. Before I found this rabbit special vet I have lost a rabbit to an abcess wound. I am sure I will not lose Gulliver 'cos the wound is so small and hopefully I have spotted it early enough.
Mr Jingles, one of my rescue buns is liable to suffer abcesses in his jaw which are much more serious, but don't worry I am sure your buns teth are tickety boo and they will not suffer from this sort of thing.
Good luck with these special munchkins and do not worry, you are doing fine! Love Alice x x

Romy said:
I think they're terrified that I'll will break down in tears and slobber all over them again!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Lol - I know that a lot of the books recommend having a squirty handy to soak them it they get to viscious when trying to bond them - but the 'slobbering them with tears approach' is a little bit different :D

Its a slow process - or can be - we've been trying on and off with our 2 for 2 years, and it seems to be 1 step forward 2 steps back, and we've never felt confident to leave them together unsupervised.

Keep with it, I'm sure they will get along eventually - although I would perhaps leave it a while to try and make sure the memory of the last encounter fades away a bit.

good luck

Martin & Pam

Back