• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh My Gosh 🙈

ERCD

Young Bun
My little Pepper had an appointment for her annual vacc top-up this afternoon, and as we’ve just transferred over to a new Vet, I was a little anxious.

Pepper did great and even gave her new Vet a snuggle before we left (!).

Anyhoo, we got home and I poked her li’l butt through the carrier. She didn’t move. I poked her again. She still didn’t move.

I opened the door and callled her name. She didn’t move. I rumpled her bum. No movement.

My heart just about S T O P P E D. My Poppet passed on the way home from the Vets a number of years ago (after they told me she was “fine” when I brought her in as an emergency).

I lifted the lid up, expecting the worst - and the little madam moved… Finally!

Oh.My.Lord.

I almost cried with relief!

I need a glass of wine now 😅

I think that your (anyone's) heart really does skip a beat. I'm with you re snuggles - allowing a little ear tickle is ok but anything close and personal should be most definitely confined to you as mummy! 😂

That sounds like a very scary few moments, my heart was pounding as I read this. Snuggles for the vet and scares for mummy just will not do! Glad she did so well at the vets.

Back