• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newcastle to london dagenham,Only need the bit to nottingham now! Poss on the 12th?

:shock:
I don't even want to think about how much that must have cost in petrol :lol: That shows some dedication though!

Don't ask, plus we ended up staying in a hotel overnight as it was so far and the bunny died after 6 weeks :(. Think it cost around £120 in total to get him :? Still would do it again, he was a very special bunny :love:

Don't ask, plus we ended up staying in a hotel overnight as it was so far and the bunny died after 6 weeks :(. Think it cost around £120 in total to get him :? Still would do it again, he was a very special bunny :love:

Aaw, that's sad :( I'm sure he had a wonderful time in his last few weeks though :)

Perhaps the title of this thread could be changed to say what part of the journey is needed now? The really long "Newcastle to Essex" might be putting people off checking the thread... :oops:

On the 12th? I would have to do it real early if it was on the 12th though cos I am supposed to be at a rat show in South shields by 11.

I can do my part of the journey any day (and any time) between Wednesday and Saturday so I could get them to Liz the day before or something?

If you could do scotch corner to Nottingham I can do it on the Friday afternoon but I don't finish work until 3.30 :?

A bit difficult for me Friday evening, I have my daughters Christmas concert to go to. And I assume the traffic would be murder? I've reckoned I would be driving 4 and a half hours from Doncaster to Scotch corner, then back down towards Nottingham and back home in one go.
I dont know how these bunny runs go as its my first one, but is it better for the rabbits to do all the travelling in one go? As I could do another day in the week (I work some evenings though), I have a spare hutch in the garage if they need to stop over, if its not too stressful for them?
I could do from A1 York/ Knaresbrough or possible up to A1/A61 Ripon turn off, get them back here for a night or too, then down to Nottingham?

I could pick up somewhere on M1 near Nottingham and go a couple a junctions south.

ETA: Sorry just remembered I'm working Sat at 12:00 so could only do before that. I can keep them overnight if necessary as I have an empty hutch.

Last edited:
A bit difficult for me Friday evening, I have my daughters Christmas concert to go to. And I assume the traffic would be murder? I've reckoned I would be driving 4 and a half hours from Doncaster to Scotch corner, then back down towards Nottingham and back home in one go.
I dont know how these bunny runs go as its my first one, but is it better for the rabbits to do all the travelling in one go? As I could do another day in the week (I work some evenings though), I have a spare hutch in the garage if they need to stop over, if its not too stressful for them?
I could do from A1 York/ Knaresbrough or possible up to A1/A61 Ripon turn off, get them back here for a night or too, then down to Nottingham?

What day would be best for you? Any time is fine with me. I've never done a bunny run before either :oops:
I could probably keep them overnight also. I don't have proper accomodation but they could have the run of my room or something (which doesn't get much warmer than outside anyway, lol)

What day would be best for you? Any time is fine with me. I've never done a bunny run before either :oops:
I could probably keep them overnight also. I don't have proper accomodation but they could have the run of my room or something (which doesn't get much warmer than outside anyway, lol)

Well, Liz is setting off on the 12th- to get them down south on Saturday at 9:30am. Loosy you can get them from Nottingham M1 J25 to Liz's any time between Wednesday and Saturday, I can get them from A1M york or Ripon A1M/A61 Junction and get them to Loosy at Nottingham, I can keep in my spare hutch with large run in the garage too. But we need to get them down to Ripon A1M or York A1M before next Saturday. I can do most days, But some evenings I do work. I can not go any further up to collext them than Ripon A1M. We need to sort out transport from Duracells to around York A1.
I cant do Friday evening, I promised to see my Daughter in her Concert, and also by the time they get down to Loosy's it will be 11pm?

Kris has confirmed she's able to receive the rabbits - do we know where we are in terms of their journey? :wave:

They can come here, but the sooner the better!!

My waiting list is getting bigger by the day (another 3 added so far today) and have an elderly 8 year old female coming in this week. So if it can be done before the chaos begins here, that would be brilliant :wave:

I'm only really able to do my but Friday evening or Saturday now. I'd be able to pick the rabbits up before then though!

We are waiting for anyone that is able to get them from Newcastle to A1 York before Friday, I can do a run up to A1 york or even A1 Ripon junction and get them to Loosy near Nottingham. I can possibly do Wednesday day, Thursday afternoon&evening or Friday morning. As long as my Mum is still available to have my children while I am doing it, but she will need to know otherwise she will be making other plans.
So anyone able to do Newcastle to A1 york -ish as I think everyone else is set to go?

This might put a spanner in the works, but...

Loosy I'm off work Friday, and if you could do the north bit, I could meet you at services near where you live and bring them down to Nottingham

I'm finding this thread a bit confusing, so ignore this post if it doesn't fit in with everyone else

We are waiting for anyone that is able to get them from Newcastle to A1 York before Friday, I can do a run up to A1 york or even A1 Ripon junction and get them to Loosy near Nottingham. I can possibly do Wednesday day, Thursday afternoon&evening or Friday morning. As long as my Mum is still available to have my children while I am doing it, but she will need to know otherwise she will be making other plans.
So anyone able to do Newcastle to A1 york -ish as I think everyone else is set to go?

Thursday evening or Friday morning would be good for me. I could then take them down to Liz Friday evening.

Abbymarysmokey; I'm in Nottingham going further south, so that wouldn't really work. Thanks though!

Back