• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look whos home!....(pics)

thank you :)

she really is!

shes very dopey at the moment and having a snooze by the radiator but she is pooping so much!

i may very well try the sock idea, but it'll have to be a legwarmer cos shes a chunky monkey :lol:

any idea on the weeing thing? its worrying me slightly :(

She looks so well not at all like she's recently had major surgery. You must be so proud of her hugs to her from me :)

will do becky, if she'll stop still enough for me to do so! :lol::lol:

two things...

she isn't weeing loads...should I be worried a lot?

and also she wont stop messing with her stitches, any ideas on how to stop her?

shes forever stressing me!

Aww :) Shes your little Princess :D :D How could her sweet little face stress anyone :D hehe

As for the stitches i dont think theres much you can do :? Keep your eye on them, the vets once gave me a collar like what dogs have but i wouldnt advise it :? It stresses them out more than anything. They normally double the stitches anyway so she will only be pulling them tight :)

Did she have many stitches??

You could add a small drop of blackcurrant juice to her water bowl to make her drink more :) xXx

thank you :)

she really is!

shes very dopey at the moment and having a snooze by the radiator but she is pooping so much!

i may very well try the sock idea, but it'll have to be a legwarmer cos shes a chunky monkey :lol:

any idea on the weeing thing? its worrying me slightly :(

:lol::lol: Bless her!!

thanks becky

i'll try the juice thing i think, shes had a bit but she isn't that interested and thats my main concern as all this started with her not being able to wee, but the vet said she'd weeed fine today so im a tad confused/worried :s

just another photo from tonight...i couldnt resist :lol:

DSC06280.jpg

thanks becky

i'll try the juice thing i think, shes had a bit but she isn't that interested and thats my main concern as all this started with her not being able to wee, but the vet said she'd weeed fine today so im a tad confused/worried :s

Yeah i see :? Come on Lily get weeeeeinggg for your mummy!!!

Shes back at the vets tomorrow isnt she? So if she still isnt wee'ing as much as normal id tell them :? Shes been through so much though, i hope she gets weeing soon!! Sending weeing vibes :D xXx

thank youuuuu :)

is it common for some buns to be off their water a little bit after an op? im just thinking .. its just a big thing to go through :? but surely the vet wouldnt have sent her home...argh i duno! :?

if your worried about her water drinking maybe give her some greens with water on, she gets water and food then :D:D

if your worried about her water drinking maybe give her some greens with water on, she gets water and food then :D:D

i thought about that, but then i am slightly worried about feeding her anything other than hay at the moment due to the effect it could have on her system so soon after the op.

do you think some fresh grass would be ok?

i thought about that, but then i am slightly worried about feeding her anything other than hay at the moment due to the effect it could have on her system so soon after the op.

i think as they are made to eat grass, water washed grass cant do any harm.. i think when alvin had his bits took off water was not top of his wish list.. did your vets say what would be safe to feed her?

Awwww Welcome home Lily!!! :love: She's very beautiful :love:
Sending more vibes for a continued good recovery x x x

She may well have had subcutaneous or IV fluids after her op'. If so she will be very well hydrated and just 'not thirsty' :)

When Toffee was neutured we tried giving him water in a bottle, he didn't drink it, but he lapped up a whole bowl full of water from a dish, that could be worth a go?

Id just give her a small amount of grass hun :) Then give her a small amount again in the morning. Id let her insides settle before you start on the greens/pellets again :) xXx

thats what i thought.
she has had some water out of a bowl, but she isn't amazingly fussed. shes grazing fine on hay and at the moment shes sat next to me washing her self as she had to be bathed where her bum had got so soaked in wee the other day. she seems fine, and shes trying to chew my lovely new wicker boxes which is more in character.

i am pretty sure the vet did say she'd given her some fluids so maybe thats it..i am SURE she wouldnt have sent her home unless she was sure she was ok and that she had weed and pood enough.

i know shes had a fair bit of dandelion aswell so also, i guess there was abit of fluid in that.

i dont really want to feed her anything else until she is 100% better. when i call for her apointment in the morning i shall ask to speak to my vet and just mention it to her.

for the moment shes ok in herself. and all credit to her, shes had a major major op so considering..the fact shes a little bit off water but pooing and eating she has done well, i think!

Back