• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lilly is not well :( U.D- another night at the vets:(

Oh she's a cutie!!!!
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!!
You have a good vet!!!!
Is she on metoclopramide and ranitidine? It seems to be a very good way to get them pooping!!!!
Sending you all major bunny vibes xxxxxxx

i phoned the vets again, and they said the same thing shes doing good, eating drinking, shes alot more lively but no poops :/ so they want to keep her tonight aswell :(

so i got my dad to drive me down to see them, i sat in the room with them both for about half an hour. she is definitly better! back to her old self, running away from me haa.. just needs to poop now! and val was good, he jumped into my arms when the nurse put him down:love:

ive missed them so much, i hope they both can come home tomorow. lilly promised me she would poop!

- heres a piccie:D
2efqcmw.jpg

Oh she's a cutie!!!!
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!!
You have a good vet!!!!
Is she on metoclopramide and ranitidine? It seems to be a very good way to get them pooping!!!!
Sending you all major bunny vibes xxxxxxx

she is indeed :D
they are really good yeh, i wish they were free but ohh well!
and to be honest i can't remember, i was so excited to see them both i was just nodding along to what the vet said :oops:

Don't worry!!!! I do exactly the same!!!!
I took a list and paper and a pencil with me last Thursday so I didn't forget!!!!
I will be back there (hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday) and have already written my next list!!!!!
Fingers crossed for you all xxxx

It can take time for poos to appear after a severe bout of GI stasis.
Hopefully they will do so overnight.

Are the Vets allowing her to hop about out of her cage ? A bit of exercise would help move things through too.

It can take time for poos to appear after a severe bout of GI stasis.
Hopefully they will do so overnight.

Are the Vets allowing her to hop about out of her cage ? A bit of exercise would help move things through too.

yeah, well i shes been in since midnight so technically that was today so she hasn't been in a day yet so im hoping she will have by tomorow morning, i want to bring her and vali home:/ - i don't think they allow them out, because of the other animals but shes in a big dog kennel to herself and so it val next to her so they know who's poo is who. the got out today with me for about 30mins which was good:)

This might sound weird, but another thing that could help is for the Vet to put a few of Vali's poos into Lilly's litter tray. Lilly may need to feel that it is OK to poo in a strange kennel. If the Vet counts how many of Vali's poos she puts in the litter tray he/she will know if Lilly has added to them.

This might sound weird, but another thing that could help is for the Vet to put a few of Vali's poos into Lilly's litter tray. Lilly may need to feel that it is OK to poo in a strange kennel. If the Vet counts how many of Vali's poos she puts in the litter tray he/she will know if Lilly has added to them.

Doesn't sound strange to me but then I've spent nearly 4 weeks counting poos..............I even got a tape measure out today, god help me..........

good idea, when she or when i ring tomorow morning if theres been no poo's then ill suggest that, im hoping she will have passed atleast something so i can bring her home i miss her and valentino :( - and it's costing me a bom for every extra night shes there:/

Sending poor Lilly lots of healthy pooping vibes;) I hope you have them home with you soon. I know just how you're feeling as my little man had to be rushed in for an op today:cry: here's hoping for full recoveries all round! Fingers & toes crossed for you.xx

Sending poor Lilly lots of healthy pooping vibes;) I hope you have them home with you soon. I know just how you're feeling as my little man had to be rushed in for an op today:cry: here's hoping for full recoveries all round! Fingers & toes crossed for you.xx

thankyou:), sending vibes to your bunbun aswell.xx

EXCELLENT NEWS! :D

i just phoned vets and the nurse who stayed with her over night sad shes eaten alot more, been active and has passed something.. well alot:oops:

so she went to talk to the vets and she said i can come pick her up later this afternoon :)

ive missed my grumpy guts, im going to keep her and vali in my room tonight though just so i know shes eating and pooping properly.

thankyou to everyone for your vibes!xx

Back