• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just cant believe it think she has bladder stones :(

My GOD! Thanks for PM!

You were totally right with your instincts about her, well done. I can't believe she was passing that. No wonder she was acting as she was!

From my experience you rarely tend to hear of a stone being passed, normally they are identified in the bladder. I don't know much about stones to be honest so can't say much more than that. But to hear of a bunny passing a stone, let alone getting a stone that size out of her urethra must have been agony for the poor little girl and it must still sting now. Ouchies!

That is one brave bunny.

i know i couldnt beleive it when i saw it, my first thoughts was its a massive poop:shock: but when it fell to the floor i was like no way..

i washed it and bounced it in the sink just to be sure and it defo a stone:lol::lol:

it was half in her and half out... she has had some metacam, but passed wee ok and the colour was normal a tiny stone was in about pin head size, just hoping touch wood its the last of them,, god knows how long she has suffered for with it:cry:

the vets have called me and she is going in on wed morning for an x-ray to check there isnt anymore stones thankfully she isnt having a GA they said they will do it while she is conscious...

but she is defo running around more just been in the shed and Rosie and hubby are running around in their tunnel...

defo a lot more active...:):):)

Good luck for Wednesday :) I'd be interested to know the outcome, and if there are more, I wonder if you might get a copy of the x-ray? Some people have x-rays e-mailed to them. Just a though, stuff like this fascinates me :lol: We marvelled at her over tea tonight. Good convo for tea time.

:lol: hubby was shocked at the size :lol:

poor girl,,

i will ask them email me a copy then will put it on here...

here are some pictures of Rosie, she is doing really well and eating really well
she just needs to put some weight on now, after talking to a Rodentologist we have decided to hold off from the x-ray as well dont want to put her through anymore trauma, she seems really well now and is running a round her shed, but if she drops any weight or her behavior changes she will be straight up the vets...

her weight is 1,598g and does feel really bony on her back end which in guinea pigs is a sign of bladder stones, now that she has passed it and still on metacam and seprin and her appetite is really good now im hoping she will put some weight on soon! what is a good ideal weight in a rabbit of 12mths female ??? xxx
DSC02861.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

DSC02881.jpg

DSC02887.jpg

excuse her watery eyes she has just had her eye drops in;)

:love: I LOVE her :love: She is such a brave bunny too:) And that stone :shock:

I really really hope this is the end of all her problems now, poor girl and poor you:(

well ive weighed her again today and she is now 1,620g so put quite a bit on since yesterday she was 1,598g and now 1,620g :):)

Back