• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im finding it really hard...

Even from the point of view of just reading and following the threads, its hard to accept that there are so many on RU who fight so hard for their buns to get better, only to have really sad outcomes - it really doesn't seem fair.

We're all thinking of you Becky, I hope one day it gets easier to think of the good times you had with Scamp.xx

I really cant imagine how hard it must be for you, I feel for you,hugs

but want to say however corny/cheesy it sounds now, it will get easier, as people have said though you will always miss him, but soon when you think of him youll smile rather than cry, my dog died last boxing day, wed had him since we moved here so 10yrs and I was heartbroken, and thought Id feel like that for ever, but now I can smile when I see his piccies and I also laugh to people about silly things he did

I know its horrible... i still go out and sit with Saffy's stone, you never stop missing them but you do adjust to them not being around xx

Awww Becky, noone is fed up of you atall. A horrible amount of us know only too well the devastation you're feeling :(

It does get easier I promise, it never goes away but the raw, sickening edge will be taken off it in time and you will be able to remember him with a smile, aswell as a tear :love:

Thank you all. Ive been out since 9am this morning, ive been home an hour and already feel so sad :cry: Its just so hard as i was used to him following me around eveywhere, i cant even eat without getting upset as he used to be there sat next to me waiting for me to give him something off my plate, i used to always make sure i had a slice of cucumber or tiny bit of tomato for him :love:

Makes it even worse as we were thinking of getting him a wife :cry: i had a poorly foster bunny here (from one of the other fosterers) who had to be indoors to be syringe fed etc, she was a tiny nethie and Scamp adored her, there was no agression between them at all :( Little bunny went to her new home today, there was no reason for her to be with me anymore :cry:

I just want him back here with me, maybe i'll feel better once hes home. I keep trying to remind myself of all the good times we had to stop me sinking too low and becoming poorly again :cry:

Thank you so much for all your replies, im just glad theres people here who feel the same, my friends arent bothered that hes gone :( xXx

Don't ever feel guilty for mourning your rabbit, I'm in the same boat, I keep expecting firefly to appear and demand noserubs, everything, even the handwash (before he died I'd washed my hands, It's all I could smell on the way home from the vets :() just focus on how much he loved you, you gave him a home, a good life, and unconditional love. You tried to help him, that all he needed x

we are not fed up of you!! it's good to share your feelings...helps you grieve.
You will feel better once he's home I always do. i always do something to pay tribute too which i find really helps say goodbye.
sending hugs xx

I know exactly how you feel like so many others, i lost my first bun 5 months ago and i found it really hard. I couldnt go to work, i had no appetite, didnt want to go out or even laugh because i didnt think it was right that everything should carry on without him.
I still get upset when i think of him but i can also smile and laugh about the things he used to do. I felt abit better once i got him home and i still talk to him like he is still about and say goodnight etc.
The fact that your so upset just shows how much you loved him and Scamp would have known that and i like to think that they are still about watching us. Take care it does get better but will take time xx

Gah. Im really struggling tonight :cry: Ive done so well, but its still so hard. We moved house last week and i feel like i left something behind, mainly because our lounge at the old place reminded me so much of Scamp :cry: Its my birthday today, and i never even had Scamp here with me for one of my birthdays :cry: Life is so cruel. I dont expect any replies, its just im sat here crying after watching his video again, and Dan is in bed, so i felt a bit alone :cry: xx

Life is cruel and so unfair sometimes, big ((hugs))) - i hope you are ok - scamp will still be with you.

Happy Birthday hun xx

Gah. Im really struggling tonight :cry: Ive done so well, but its still so hard. We moved house last week and i feel like i left something behind, mainly because our lounge at the old place reminded me so much of Scamp :cry: Its my birthday today, and i never even had Scamp here with me for one of my birthdays :cry: Life is so cruel. I dont expect any replies, its just im sat here crying after watching his video again, and Dan is in bed, so i felt a bit alone :cry: xx

So sorry Becky.:cry::cry:
It must be so hard for you. I think of Scamp often and wonder why he had to leave someone who tried everything to keep him this side of the bridge. I'm sure Scamp will be sending lots of bunny hugs to you today xxx

Hope you sleep well and have a better day tomorrow xxx

Lots of hugs, I'm so sorry, I noticed you hadn't been online much recently :( your memories of Scamp are all in your heart, not in your house. I can't imagine how hard your first birthday without your special boy must be xx

Sorry you're finding it so tough.:( Hope the memories of the happy life you gave Scamp will be a comfort to you in time.

Back