• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Biscuit's Ill ...still not right :o( page 3

Latest pic from my hubby, yes he should pick bits off :roll:

Hey ho, she is looking lot better

Biscuit.jpg

Hi Claire
Sorry again, only just remembered to look this morning.

Glad Biscuit is a bit better and of course give me a call and I'll come and help you with bun!!

Do you still have my number?

Hi Claire
Sorry again, only just remembered to look this morning.

Glad Biscuit is a bit better and of course give me a call and I'll come and help you with bun!!

Do you still have my number?

Thanks Jayne

I took your number to work just in case, but thank goodness Biscuit is loads better now :D

Well obviously there is an underlying problem as Biscuit (after eating everything and running around for past week) suddenly stopped eating yesterday.

Did the colic drops, metacam, massages (didn't do force fed in case it was bloat) etc until we took to vets at 3.30 yesterday, they repeated everything from last time, injections (pain killer and gut mobility).

They said to bring in today if still not eating and have made an app for Thur for a GA to file down spurs (teeth) although not bad she thinks they maybe causes some pain, also to have an x-ray to see if fur ball.

So serious vibes needed, she is eating a little today and a few dropping, worried sick :cry:

if she's eating & pooping even if only a little I wouldn't continue to force feed her although she will still need her meds. Just give her lots of what she enjoys like grated carrot or apple, spring green leaves & herbs such as parsley, basil, mint or corriander. Something my honey loved when she was in stasis a few weeks ago was her normal pellets soaked in some warm water to form a thick wall paper paste. It helped get water inside her and food at the same time.

vibes for her continued recovery and hope you find the underlying cause if there is one. Teeth could be a big possibility but also does she eat large amounts of hay? What do you feed her normally? Has she been moulting?

Hi Clare
So sorry Biscuit is not eating much again.

sending lots of vibes your way.

Don't forget to call if you need help - I am home by 6.30pm tonight!! But if urgent call sooner

Hugs to you and Biscuit and hubbie of course xxxx

Thanks both of you :)

Will do Jayne :)

I have lots of herbs so will wave under her nose, will also try grated carrot and apple, thanks.

Yes she is on the hay and veg diet, good quality hay from Willow Warren and also some oat hay from the hay experts, as well as dried herbs.

She has been moulting lots, vet also mentioned this on Sunday (will brush her lots more), and she is quite inactive (little overweight) so keeping her moving.

One of my mini lops had a couple of bouts of tummy trouble where I had to rush him to the vets. He had been eating as normal so did not suspect his teeth being a problem. But they took him in and did his molars. Only tiny spurs but it certainly stopped any more trouble. He was checked a couple of months ago when he had his booster and they seemed fine. Hope it gets sorted for you both.

One of my mini lops had a couple of bouts of tummy trouble where I had to rush him to the vets. He had been eating as normal so did not suspect his teeth being a problem. But they took him in and did his molars. Only tiny spurs but it certainly stopped any more trouble. He was checked a couple of months ago when he had his booster and they seemed fine. Hope it gets sorted for you both.

Thanks for this, this has made me feel a lot better.

I don't want her to have an unnecessary GA but I also don't want her to keep getting ill every few weeks. So hopefully will find out the cause.

Hi Clare
Hope Biscuit is o.k this morning.

As I think I said before, Eric went under GA a few weeks ago and the vet took a couple of spikes off his teeth and touch wood he's been fine since.
SO hoping that you get the answers to Biscuits problems and he can get back to being healthy.

Hugs

Jayne x

Poor Biscuit, I hope everything goes well on Thursday and the vet can get to the bottom of what's troubling her. xx

Hi Clare
Hope Biscuit is o.k this morning.

As I think I said before, Eric went under GA a few weeks ago and the vet took a couple of spikes off his teeth and touch wood he's been fine since.
SO hoping that you get the answers to Biscuits problems and he can get back to being healthy.

Hugs

Jayne x

Thanks Jayne :D

I know GA have much improved for rabbits, but still going to spend whole day worrying.

Biscuit was brighter last night, think meds had worn off this morning, so dosed up again.

Me xxxx

I would try a couple of days of Fibreplex - its a high fibre probiotic paste. Biscuit sounds a bit like my Archie was a month ago, recurrent tummy pains and not eating - I blamed his moult. I gave him twice daily brushes and 2 days of Fibreplex, fewer pellets (so more hay) and hes got through it.

Hope you can get to the bottom of the problems.

Back