• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Benji!!!!! update, HE'S OK

Dont think it is anything you have done hun. I have never even met you or seen your bunnies but know that I would trust you with mine 100% anytime.
Thinking of you x x x x x x

Kim_w said:
Dont think it is anything you have done hun. I have never even met you or seen your bunnies but know that I would trust you with mine 100% anytime.
Thinking of you x x x x x x

Awwww Kim that is a lovely thing to say thank you xxxxxxxxxxx

Ive had to wait for the vets to phone me back, they were busy, Vinny, my vet said Benji looks a little brighter, and I have to phone back at 9.00am in the morning, this is going to be a long night :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its not your fault.

Since September I have had at least one of my four bunnies develop bloat/gas nearly every fortnight. :shock:

It has been truly awful and I have often questioned what I am doing wrong. But I think that just as someone said above, they are fragile and not cut out to be ill.

The earlier they are caught the better I reckon, but for me, unfortunately, that has meant utter paranoia and checking them at EVERY opportunity. I'm working hard on realising that I musn't do that. No life for them and no life for me.

Hopefully vets can get to the bottom of it and your boy will be begging for his carrots again soon!

You have done the best possible thing by him.

Fiona x

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww I am so sorry you have had to suffer all of this, its horrible, I feel so helpless, all Shane keeps saying what have I done wrong, why both of the Barney now Benji, is it because they are pur breeds, all these keep going round and round and havent come up with any answers :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh Ali I'm so sorry you've got all this worry.Please don't think you've done anything wrong your babies are so well loved and cared for.I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow let us know what's happening as soon as you can.sending lots of love xx

So sorry to read this Ali but you do know you are the best bunny mummy. I do hope you get some sleep tonight and everything is ok tomorrow.

Sending vibes for Benji

Tracey x

Jayne said:
Oh Ali I'm so sorry you've got all this worry.Please don't think you've done anything wrong your babies are so well loved and cared for.I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow let us know what's happening as soon as you can.sending lots of love xx

Awwwww thank you Jayne :love:

TRACEY said:
So sorry to read this Ali but you do know you are the best bunny mummy. I do hope you get some sleep tonight and everything is ok tomorrow.

Sending vibes for Benji

Tracey x

Thank you Tracey :love:

Aaawwww Ali I am sorry that Benji has had to stay in overnight :cry: it must be really strange without him and Bella (((HUGS)))

You have done nothing wrong you are 100% loving to your babies and you have done the best thing and took him straight away. He will soon be back to normal like the others have said and he'll be demanding his carrots at 5 to 3 instead of 3 :)

Sending get well vibes to Benjii and Dont worry vibes to you Ali xx

thumperlop said:
Aaawwww Ali I am sorry that Benji has had to stay in overnight :cry: it must be really strange without him and Bella (((HUGS)))

You have done nothing wrong you are 100% loving to your babies and you have done the best thing and took him straight away. He will soon be back to normal like the others have said and he'll be demanding his carrots at 5 to 3 instead of 3 :)

Sending get well vibes to Benjii and Dont worry vibes to you Ali xx

Aww thanks for you lovely words made me cry again :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: thanks xxxxxxxxxx

Hoping he gets better very soon. bella will look after him - great that they can be together.
Squidgy's just started with symptoms of wind tonight, and I've had to nurse both Bobby and Salt through it in the last year. It's nothing you're doing, just the nature of bunnies. Fortunately we know our bunnies so well we can detect the signs.

Fionabun - I'm a little paranoid :oops: with mine and am lucky my o/h works from home. Their veggies are divided into 3 portions, so we can check they're ok in the middle of the day as well.

Mine get theirs spread out through out the day, so they are always getting checked, thats how I spotted Benji today, I also have a bunny cam so are watching them while im indoors. Paranoid or what!!!!!

I think it's very sensible if it's at all possible. They can go downhill so quickly, and spotting things early is so important.
Sending hugs to you.

HS said:
I think it's very sensible if it's at all possible. They can go downhill so quickly, and spotting things early is so important.
Sending hugs to you.

I cant believe how quickly he was fine having his pellets this morning, even lunch time, he had his spring greens,

Back