• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You know you're a 'rabbit lady' when...

Another one for the supermarket here :lol: it's awesome - I live on junk food & chocolate but my trolley looks really good piled high with herbs, fruit & veg :lol:

When you have no money at all but your bunny is suddenly sick & you don't bat an eyelid at forking out lots of money to get him better then tell your OH off for buying something for £1 :oops::lol:

When you take the day off work to care for your poorly bunny

When your boss at work asks you how the rabbits are :love:

Your mum calls them her grandchildren :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another one for the supermarket here :lol: it's awesome - I live on junk food & chocolate but my trolley looks really good piled high with herbs, fruit & veg :lol:

When you have no money at all but your bunny is suddenly sick & you don't bat an eyelid at forking out lots of money to get him better then tell your OH off for buying something for £1 :oops::lol:

My mum calls Milo and Finn her grandchildren haha! :lol:

These for me :)

And.....when someone tells you they don't like Rabbits and you have an instant dislike to that person :)

When the smell of parsley makes you feel nauseous but you still grow pots of it in the kitchen because the bunny loves it!! (I draw the line at touching it though, the smell on my hands makes me want to be sick! I timidly chop it with the scissors and let it drop into the bowl :lol: )

When the smell of parsley makes you feel nauseous but you still grow pots of it in the kitchen because the bunny loves it!! (I draw the line at touching it though, the smell on my hands makes me want to be sick! I timidly chop it with the scissors and let it drop into the bowl :lol: )

Dill is terrible too

I've had the 'gone to bed, found hay' thing before. Thing is, mine is a bunk bed and I sleep on the top...

When the only salad you buy is for the rabbit.

When half the reason you're considering switching from the lady that cones to the house and cuts your families' hair to the salon where you get it bleached is because that lady once made a rabbit pie joke (the other half is for the convenience)

When poo is just another fact of life.

ETA: And when you get a package and are happy that the box can be a new toy.

Last edited:
You have to bite a bit off the apple your eating and give it to your bunny, just so you can eat the rest in peace! :roll:

... You take your socks off and forage falls out :?

Please add your own! You know you're a bunny lady/man when....?

Bunny lady when you find hay in your bra, hair and bunny fur in your mouth or up your nose :thumb:
Bunny man when you find bunny poops in your work shoes :oops::lol:

When you get cards signed from your bunnies on birthdays and mother's/father's day.

When the furniture and carpets have been chewed and you no longer care because the culprit is too cute.

When you fall asleep in front of the TV at night with a bunny sleeping on your lap or chest.

You have a cupboard dedicated to rabbit first aid and shelf for books.

The only time you don't mind having someone's bum in your face is when its a fluffy rabbit bum :love:

Last edited:
When you walk in the vets and a complete stranger says "oh you are the rabbit lady?"

This was a few years back but freaked me out a bit :lol:

Some more I remembered:
When you get put of the shower & get clean underwear out of the drawer & find hay in your knickers.
When your clothes are covered in hay, fur and medicine when you have a poorly bunny that doesn't want it's medicine and you're past caring & turn up to work like that anyway.
When you fully accept that if you ever want to move house, you'll need to replace at least one carpet & possible the entire downstairs laminate flooring.
When you don't care that your new, expensive sofa now needs replacing because it's covered in wee stains.
When your OH complains about all the above and how the bunnies get off Scott free but if he did it, it'd be grounds for dumping! (And you secretly agree :oops:)
And of course when you don't care about any of this because those adorable little furballs have you wrapped well and truly round their paw and you're a devoted, brainwashed slave :lol:

When you realise the black tights you have been wearing all day are giving you hairy ankles because your rabbits are moulting.

:lol::lol: This happens all the time! I once sat in a meeting and realised my dress was covered in bunny moult! :lol: So professional!

When you hoard loo roll tubes to make rabbit toys from and have a pile of newspaper for the litter tray that the whole office contributes too.

When people buy rabbit themed gifts for every present :)

I agree with the poo ones! The thought of picking up dog poo even using a bag revolts me but I'm quite happy to scoop up rabbit poo with bare hands (the hard ones anyway :lol: )

Oh and also, I'd say about 90% of my clothes in the washing basket aren't there because I've made them sweaty, they're in there because they're either absolutely covered in fur or have rabbit poo/wear smeared on them :lol:

Oh and another from today, when you're quite happy to sit in the rabbit run in the front garden smearing banana over your rabbits heads in an attempt to bond them whilst the neighbors walk past giving you really strange looks :oops: The run is a metal one and very tall and whilst I was sat in it one walked past and asked if I'd been 'naughty' :roll: :lol:

I dunno about rabbit lady, but I never used to have to pick bits of hay out of my beard before we got the buns!

When your friend (who gardens organically) brings two carrier bag of dandelions into work for you.

When your airing cupboard has no room for clothes because you're drying dandelions.

When you meet a fellow rabbit owner for the first and spend half an hour discussing the size shape and texture of your rabbit's poo and the discussion only ends when others change the subject.

When you demand to leave work early because it's even hotter than you thought it was going to be and you want to be absolutely sure all your rabbit anti-heat stroke measures are working and your boss only rolls his eyes.

When you have more pictures of your rabbits on your phone than your child. Oops !

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Back