• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You know you're a 'rabbit lady' when...

When you go to bed 2 storeys up and find bunny poo and hay next to the bed :?

When, like lots of bunneh peoples here, you spend more on herbs and veggies for them daily than you do on your own dinner for the entire week.

When you feed them before you even consider eating yourself.

When cleaning them out comes way before cleaning yourself.

When after the long awaited shower and hair wash and in clean pyjamas, you still pick them up for cuddles and end up as floofy as they are before you have you dinner :D

Because they are "worth it" :D:D:D

I so love my bun buns :love::love::love:

When you get into bed and it's somehow covered in hay!

:lol::lol::lol: yep. Mine are all outdoor rabbits too!

When you take a large carrier bag out on the morning dog walk each day to fill with grass/forage.

Last edited:
When you walk round work with a poo in your shoe, come to lunch and flick your shoes off as you get comfy on the staff bean bags and in doing so flick bunny poo at a colleague.

Then pick it up with your hands, put it in the bin, dust your hands off and continue eating whilst everyone heaves around you .... :oops:

:thumb: exactly, when people are at my house they must think I'm a dirty minger as I pick poos up and put them in the bin like picking up sweet wrappers lol. It just doesn't matter to bunny mums tho does it? :lol:

When some random man riding by on his bike asks if you want him to cut your grass while you are in your front yard foraging for your buns. I had scissors in my hand looking for some grass. I don't think he understood when I explained that the grass was for my rabbits.

I was really good last year. Every morning and every night I was out there foraging. It's been too dry this year to find anything decent. And I feel bad about it.

I'm not even going to get into the hay situation. Let's just say that my one friend swears there is more hay in my house than in her horses' barn.

One more: When you go to the grocery store and there are two distinct piles of food types (healthy greens and junk food). Guess who gets what.

When you have to explain every time that you go to the supermarket that you don't actually know any recipes to use all of the fresh herbs, and that anything green is for the rabbits - yes even the mint :roll:

When the lady on the till at Morrisons remembers you, and makes this clear by saying "shopping for the rabbits again?" And you end up spending the entire time answering questions and talking about your rabbits.

When you're catching up with friends, you ask about their kids, they ask about your rabbits.

When you can't book a holiday until you've found boarding for the rabbits.

When you become an expert at avoiding stray poops.

When every piece of cardboard has the potential to be the latest addition to your super cool cardboard fort for bunnies.

When your neighbour knocks your door with a bag of veggies/salad that they "were gonna throw out but then I remembered you have rabbits"

When someone saying "they're just rabbits" is reason enough to never speak to them again.

When they do something super cute and you have to take a picture to show everyone on RU ;)

When you spend more on them than you do on yourself

When you can't even go to the loo without being watched...

When you have to make sure everything is out of reach before you go to bed/go out.

When you think you've completely bunny proofed a room, but they outsmart you time and time again.

And the best one:
When the highlight of your day is when your least cuddly bun allows you to stroke/hold/give nose rubs!

Sorry, can't sleep so sat here thinking of as many as I could :lol:

When you start talking in bunny speak. I actually said "I iz hungry" at the weekend :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Brilliant thread :lol:

I have one to add.....when you get back from the supermarket and realise that you've been out with a squashed caecotroph stuck to the knee of your jeans :mrgreen:

You go to a friend's house and forget you don't have to do the silly shuffle-walk all the time in case a rabbit suddenly appears under your foot just because you're carrying a digestive biscuit across the room.

You go to a friend's house and forget you don't have to do the silly shuffle-walk all the time in case a rabbit suddenly appears under your foot just because you're carrying a digestive biscuit across the room.

:thumb: and having to tell new visitors to your house that they need to adopt the shuffle walk to avoid standing on/falling over a bundle of fluff!

:thumb: and having to tell new visitors to your house that they need to adopt the shuffle walk to avoid standing on/falling over a bundle of fluff!

and asking them to take their shoes off - not because you're worried about your carpets - you're worried about their shoes.

You buy organic carrots so the rabbits can eat the leaves even when you've also no intention of eating the actual carrots yourself either. ...

and asking them to take their shoes off - not because you're worried about your carpets - you're worried about their shoes.
Yes! And when someone is visiting for the first time, you have to give them warnings about the bunnies, how they get under your feet, how they'll mug you for food, and how you have to run to the bathroom if you don't want company!
You buy organic carrots so the rabbits can eat the leaves even when you've also no intention of eating the actual carrots yourself either. ...
Every week..:lol:

Brilliant thread :lol:

I have one to add.....when you get back from the supermarket and realise that you've been out with a squashed caecotroph stuck to the knee of your jeans :mrgreen:

:lol::lol: Brilliant. Normals poops are no problem but caecals are the worst :lol:

When you go to the vets with a pile of poop in one pocket and treats in the other.

When in a random pet shop you inquire in a loud voice why they don't stock fenugreek crunchies but sell all the other rubbish you would not dream of giving your rabbits.

When you accost strangers looking at rabbits in pet shop and give them the full reality check on owning rabbits and vet costs and even get your phone out to show pics of your babies.

When you'd rather run out of food than hay.

:D I could go on.

After today- when your car boot has hay in it from fetching a bale from the agricultural merchants. Despite dust sheets some always gets away :lol:

When you have to brush poo off your feet before getting into bed.

When your parents are having an argument with the neighbours whilst weeding the front garden and the neighbours try to involve me and my response is, "Don't involve me, I'm just out here picking!" whilst scavenging for forage in my dressing gown and slippers. :lol: :oops:

When your morning alarm consists of a rabbit to the face.

Back