• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes U/D 1/6 Wilson - enjoying time with Alice in the sunshine

Thanks Jane for your advice & thoughts - I really do appreciate them.

Thanks guys for your vibes & kind thoughts - they really do mean a lot to me & the bunsters.

I tell you one day I think I'm going to go white over night with our lot! :shock::roll:

Thank you everyone for your vibes & kind thoughts.

Arthur is fine in himself today but still separated from Betsy as she is still being a madam - who'd have thought that such a little girlie bun could be such a devil :roll: I'm not going to try them back together until Arthur has completely healed - so we could be in for the long haul with these two :?

Ollie is a lot brighter in himself & he isn't as red & inflamed round his wound today as yesterday, but he still isn't hopping right - he's going back in the next couple of days to the vets, so we'll take things from there :? He's still going to be on his own for the foresable future & we may have to re-think about him being with the group - I can't risk him being injured again :cry:

And finally Wilson is just very quiet this afternoon, after his visit to the vets where he was rolling about again due to his headtilt :cry:. He's back at the vets tomorrow, so we'll see what happens then - although we've been told that if he doesn't start to improve soon - we might have to consider letting him go :cry: Just taking things one day at time with him & praying like mad he will be ok & like himself soon.

Poor bun buns. Sending lots more vibes and a special hug for Wilson; I'm keeping everything crossed that he shows some improvement soon. xx

Thanks everyone - I so hope things will start to improve more for Wilson - at the moment he's nom nom noming on his veggies, so I'm hoping this is a good sign - have passed on everyone's vibes, nose rubs & cuddles to them xx

Thank you for asking about our bunsters - well Arthur is doing fine bless him - although still separate from Betsy, it doesn't seem to be bothering him though - I think he's enjoying being a single man again :roll:

We were back at the vets this morning with both Ollie & Wilson :cry:

Ollie has had to have his would drained as it had filled up with pus type liquid - yuk! However, he does seem to be looking better for this being done & is moving about easier - he's still on his baytril & metacam & got to go back again Friday.

Wilson poor lad has had several rolling episodes again - he had 2 in the night that woke me when I heard him thrashing about in the bedroom :cry: He also had another 3 this morning on the way to the vets & whilst there :cry: He's had another set of injections & touchwood so far today he's not had any more rolling episodes. He's also been eating & drinking for England & as I type is wolfing down some spring greens :) He's also been moving round their room a lot today & has been coming upto me for snuggles whenever I've been in with him :love:

We've got to see how he is tomorrow & if we feel he doesn't warrant another vets visits - we can collect his injections to give him at home, as opposed to taking him in again. I know we're certainly not out the woods yet with him, but I do feel better about him today than I have done all week - but we'll just continue to take one day at a time.

I'm so pleased to hear that Wilson is still hanging in there and has been munching away. I'm hoping each day sees a little more improvement for him. Poor Ollie, I bet he feels a lot better without that yucky pus. :mrgreen: As for Arthur, well it sounds like he's enjoying bachelor life. :lol: Sending lots more vibes. xxx

Im so sorry Denise i have only just seen this.im so glad Arthur is on the mend:D:DSending speedy recovery vibes Ollies and Wilsons way.Has your vet taken cultures of the absceses to see which bacteria they are dealing with?

Im so sorry Denise i have only just seen this.im so glad Arthur is on the mend:D:DSending speedy recovery vibes Ollies and Wilsons way.Has your vet taken cultures of the absceses to see which bacteria they are dealing with?

Thanks everyone - I am convinced positive vibes from RU guys work - I really am :)

No she's not taken any cultures as yet Sarah, as Ollie's abscess is the result of Harry biting him - is this something you think I should talk to her about on Friday when I take Ollie back?

Sorry if it sounds a bit daft, but I've never had to have abcesses removed before from one of our bunnies - any that have had them in the past have healed through using manuka honey in them, alongside abx. But Ollie's & Arthur's just did not respond to it :( Any advice you could give me would be really appreciated.

Back