• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Older mini lop going off food - probable lymphoma

I am so sorry Archie was so sick and could not get better in spite of all the wonderful care you gave him over his many years. đź’”
Your update was very moving and while it was a heartbreaking decision for you to allow him to move on, it was one made because you loved him. Millie must have known it was his time too.
Millie had a wonderful bond with him ❤❤as did you, so I know you will be a comfort to each other as you both process the loss of your beloved boy.
Sending tons of gentle hugs to you and Millie, and positive vibes for Millie's vet exam.
Thank you, bunny momma. Yes, I think Millie knew and I feel comforted by your comments.

False alarm! Millie's lump has gone. It was so strange because it was there this morning as well as last night but the vet was lovely about it and said she'd always rather check them over if there are any concerns about anything. The best guess is that she had an extra tense forehead with all the stress and for some reason the muscle was clenched on one side feeling lump like. That or she had something in her fur but it really didn't feel like something in her fur, and there's a line in the fur where it lies differently on the left where the lump was.

I'm sat here immensely relieved, exhausted and rather guilty and she's downstairs hiding and not wanting to eat, I have to build trust and confidence back up from here.

On another note, I've been thinking about putting Archie’s body in the pen yesterday. She ignored it all the time I was there, and the towel I'd rubbed on him was sniffed and then carefully avoided. I think it smelt the way he did when he was very sick and not his usual smell. And maybe it’s instinctive to stay away from bodies because in the wild they’re going to attract predators and may be carrying diseases?
What a relief with Millie. I'm so pleased. I hope she settles again soon.

Your experience with Millie and Archie's body is similar to our experience here too. The body, after death, was avoided by the bonded partner.

I am pleased that your visit to the crematorium today was organised in a sensitive way. These things are important.

Thank you Omi, and joey&boo. Millie was in two minds last night, she wanted to be near me but on the other hand I'm the person who's taken her to the vet three times this week and she's always been a shy one. She opted to be near but out of sight, quietly moving around the room after me and settling behind things, so she was the closest she could get without me being able to see her. She's so sweet.

Back